What's new

Iron Wishbone?

burlington

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Started scouting a new property more than 400 acres. Land granted in the mid-1700's and remained in the same family till early to mid 1900's. I have been hunting at a brisk pace trying to identify target areas and eliminate dead areas. I have identified three building sites and recovered a confederate blanket buckle.

I discovered this "iron wishbone" and several other iron signals about three hundred yards from the building sites. I would like to know its function to piece together what was going on in that spot.

The graph paper is 4 squares to the inch. It is 7" long and spreads out to 5-1/2" wide. At the ends of the wishbone there is a hole at the end of the legs. The diameter is roughly that of a pencil. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Hunting.
 

Attachments

  • Jan. 13, 2009 003.webp
    Jan. 13, 2009 003.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 311
  • Jan. 13, 2009 004.webp
    Jan. 13, 2009 004.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 306
  • Jan. 13, 2009 005.webp
    Jan. 13, 2009 005.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 311
A handle to a scoop, maybe a hand shovel for a fireplace?
 
Upvote 0
Bent tuning fork... or a really weird dowsing rod? :dontknow:

Bran <><
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom