What's new

Is A $500 Box Of Rolled Halves The Only Denomination or Dollar Amount Available?

Bugsterx2

Full Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
The reason I ask is I was told by a bank there was a $1000 dollar box or maybe it's just 2-$500 boxes for a minimum order on halves?? Also, could this be a $1000 bag of halves? Newbie here obviously! Thanks for any input on this. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I've only seen $500 boxes of halves from my 3 supply banks. They all have told me halves must be ordered in $1000 increments. A $500 is a bit on the heavy side for many people and I believe if there are $1000 boxes they would be extremely unwieldy. A lot of tellers complain about the $500 ones. A $1000 bag is heavy but easier to manage than 2 boxes.
 
This is a good question I hope to hear more replies to this post!
 
Bugsterx2 said:
The reason I ask is I was told by a bank there was a $1000 dollar box or maybe it's just 2-$500 boxes
sometimes tellers really don't know what they can get.
there are only $500 box's available. They do come in different roll configurations but they all = $500

You might be able to get $1000 bag but that would probably be the bank of armored carrier dumping 2000 coins thru the counter and in the bag.
 
I used to get $500 boxes, but tired of the "unwrapping" so I switched to $1000 bags. They're clear super heavy-duty plastic, with green printing on the outside of the bag. I'm sure they are counted and bagged by the armored truck company. It sure is more fun than the boxes, too. I get all kinds of goodies mixed in: Chuck E. Cheese tokens, car wash tokens, one dollar coins (the small ones) and various other denomination coins, too. And, not to forget, all the foreign change as well. It turns an otherwise skunk into a 'treasure hunt' bag. Yes, I'm easily amused. :tongue3:
 
Could the $1k box but a golden dollar box?

JasonB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom