Montana Jim
Gold Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Is "Injun" offensive to you?
Believe me... I am NOT the "thought police" OR the "language police".
I do however have opinions, and this has been bugging me for a while.
So, I was wondering... do you think it's offensive to Native American's, Indian's, or to yourself, or whomever they are or whatever the current politically correct term might be, to use the derogatory term "Injun" when talking about the Indian Head Penny.
The fact is that the term was derogatory from it's inception.
I'm just curious... comment if you like, vote if you can...
Believe me... I am NOT the "thought police" OR the "language police".
I do however have opinions, and this has been bugging me for a while.
So, I was wondering... do you think it's offensive to Native American's, Indian's, or to yourself, or whomever they are or whatever the current politically correct term might be, to use the derogatory term "Injun" when talking about the Indian Head Penny.
The fact is that the term was derogatory from it's inception.
I'm just curious... comment if you like, vote if you can...




) I guess my point is that everyone is prejudiced in some way against something. I don't detect anything about the phrase's use here that strikes me as prejudiced. So I think if I were to have a "squaring off" as they say, it certainly wouldn't be over a word that is meant in a harmless way. 







