What's new

Is it now officially ok to save pristine pull tabs ?

ArcadianDelSol

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
28
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker 1-D/505
Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

They stopped making pull tabs when - the wee early 80s? Thats almost 20 years ago. So am I okay to start keeping the pristine 'non-lawnmowered' pull tabs as legitimate artifacts, or should I wait until 2020?
 
Re: Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

Dig all of them up and someday you can make a necklace out of them. You can claim to have recovered a vintage piece of jewelry then ;D
 
Re: Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

I would grab as many as I could now before laws are put in place banning the harvest of pull tabs. Just be careful how many you accumulate though, treasure trove laws may come into play at some point. In order to be fully safe I would collect small caches of pull tabs and bury them off my own property, maybe in a park or some such.
 
Re: Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

Had a buddy back in high school (1972) that made chains out of them, he even had a curtain of tabs instead of beads in his bedroom. Looked great with the black light and posters, jammin to some Hendricks. Probably be worth $50.00 in scrap today. LOL
 
Re: Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

yes yes yes
 
Re: Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

I save my antique can tabs. All the brand new ones I throw away. But when I dig 4 - 5 inches and get one of those really old ones, I have to keep it.
 
Re: Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

Pull Tabs?? ??? Never seen one before. You guys digging in the civil war sites find all the good stuff! ::)
 
Re: Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

I keep everyone that I dig up and bring them home and put them into a barrel to see how many I can get in a year.....matt
 
Re: Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

I knew a guy that would toss his found pull tab back in the swim areas. When I asked him why he tossed them back he said it slows down other hunters by wasting time. Heck, I was one of them other hunters. I save all of mine for a bead chain, for what reason I have no idea.
 
Re: Is it now officially ok to save 'pristine pull tabs' ?

Sandman said:
I knew a guy that would toss his found pull tab back in the swim areas. When I asked him why he tossed them back he said it slows down other hunters by wasting time. Heck, I was one of them other hunters. I save all of mine for a bead chain, for what reason I have no idea.


Gee, I was just going to say, that I bury mine in one area that I have detected before & don't plan on going back to, to slow everyone else down! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom