What's new

Is it possible to date corroded spoon?

creed0191

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
staticmap


Found at a depth about 18'' in a Yorkshire field
 

Attachments

  • image-4032542608.webp
    image-4032542608.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image-1956362662.webp
    image-1956362662.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 147
  • image-2950288979.webp
    image-2950288979.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 135
sure its a spoon?
need more pics, looks like we are only seeing 1 side
what do you think its made of?
Brady
 
Upvote 0
It's pewter, if that helps middle pick is the underside of spoon bowl, great if you could help
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hell of an ID timekiller......Way to go......HH
Thanks Man,After I dug the (banner) spoon mold which is very early & rare for here.I learned alot about the old spoons.(pewter) I'll say that since then knowing how easy pewter becomes brittle & all finding ones that are whole & date so early is a tough task.And how can you get much more personal then finding something that someone once had in there mouth.:laughing7: I don't have many but I do have a few oldies,the two whole ones are mid rib.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Here are some other great sites dating spoons................

http://www.pewterbank.com/Spoons_..articles..13.pdf

Pewter at Colonial Williamsburg - John D. Davis - Google Books
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 000_0002_00[1].webp
    000_0002_00[1].webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 000_0001_00[1].webp
    000_0001_00[1].webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom