NYwaterhunter
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2011
- Messages
- 255
- Reaction score
- 144
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Need a little help folks......
Found a small gold ring marked 7 X
Does not have any noticable warn out stamp marks.
There is no karet mark stamped in it.
acid test is possitive for 14 K (I scratched it deeply when doing the acid test)
The weld where the band is joined together is not a gold color like the rest of the band.
Came out of fresh water in perfect shiny gold condition.
What does the X mean ?
Do I believe my acid test that it is 14 K?
Thanks for any help.
Gary G.
Found a small gold ring marked 7 X
Does not have any noticable warn out stamp marks.
There is no karet mark stamped in it.
acid test is possitive for 14 K (I scratched it deeply when doing the acid test)
The weld where the band is joined together is not a gold color like the rest of the band.
Came out of fresh water in perfect shiny gold condition.
What does the X mean ?
Do I believe my acid test that it is 14 K?
Thanks for any help.
Gary G.
Upvote
0












