Is metal detecting any parks in Indiana Illegal now?

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:
Detectingfreak said:
I read somewhere on treasurenet that detecting Any sort of soccer field or parks were illegal in Indiana now because of those 15 hunters that came to destroy the parks. Is that true? I am a Washington State hunter and was just wondering.

This is all I could find.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,245835.msg1756577.html#msg1756577
Yeah, I don't think it has anything with the 15-20 guys on the MD Blitz cleaning out the parks has anything to do with it. Most likely some Archeologists in the southern states screaming that we are disturbing potentially valuable or historical sites and raiding them of valuable state treasures.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You shouldn't think of a park as private property you do pay taxes right? Think of it as yours you payed for it right.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm I got linked all the way to this site for some reason. While I am here I remember getting upset at the metal detecting blitz crew that was coming to a park near you and everyone thought it was incorrect to judge another persons style of hunting. Trust me I am not judging Vibes style.lol but it seems park hunters are looseing ground ?
TnMtns : )

done dug it all up

Feb 8, 2009
Cinci--just moved to KY
Detectingfreak said:
I read somewhere on treasurenet that detecting Any sort of soccer field or parks were illegal in Indiana now because of those 15 hunters that came to destroy the parks. Is that true? I am a Washington State hunter and was just wondering.

You have no business even asking this unless you were planing on joining us for our next trip up there. you are doing nothing but trying to cause trouble.

we have been through this before. we did nothing to destroy the parks. it sounds like other Indy hunters are doing a good job in getting kicked out on their own. ::)

TnMountains said:
Hmmm I got linked all the way to this site for some reason. While I am here I remember getting upset at the metal detecting blitz crew that was coming to a park near you and everyone thought it was incorrect to judge another persons style of hunting. Trust me I am not judging Vibes style.lol but it seems park hunters are looseing ground ?
TnMtns : )

We will be returning to the Indy parks if you guys don't ruin it for us before this fall.

MilesSupertramp

Feb 23, 2016
Indiana & Seattle
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Other
DF, hey there. In answer to your question, no. No new laws or regulations have been made as a result of the incident you're talking about. Detectorists here in Indiana are still free to practice our sickness. On a side note: I divide my time between here and Tukwila. Wanna swap secret PNW hunting sites?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions