Is my bank screwing me over??

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well long story short, I have one order bank that after some weeks and around 40 or so boxes of haves, nothing. This bank allways has the "new" Brinks boxes unsealed (i asked them why one day and she said to make sure they are all there (funny, there ather branches don't do that?? Anyway took a closer look at the second box today and funny, not is it unsealed as usuall but the underside of each roll is very "not right" , and all the possably opened roll (all of them) had the good crimped side up. Hum????? Anyway I turned some of the rolls over so I could take a pic and hope to get some input from you guys.
Thanks

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 820
Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Looks like poorly done rewraps of rolls that were searched. Just weigh the rolls to make sure they're all there and then dump the box. That's what I do when I see boxes like that.

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks SFB, but I have been dealing with this same exact thing from this same branch for months... my stupid. It's not like the bank just passed on someones dumps to me, I asked them each time to order me new boxes, and they said yes, we will. errrrrrrrr

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy answer. If you've found silver in these boxes keep ordering. If you haven't found any silver stop, and let the bank deal with those dumps.

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No , non, nada, ever, Doc, do beileive the tellers at that bank got it all.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
agme said:
No , non, nada, ever, Doc, do beileive the tellers at that bank got it all.

If you're concerned the tellers there were CRHing the box which I doubt, then order more boxes. They won't be able to search them all at work. It's highly doubtful they did all that. It's more likely another CRHer that got your ordered box, searched, and dumped (ie, swap for the next time around). I know this because I've done it before. The only difference is that my re-crimps were actually good looking.

BTW, what area of the country are you in? Some areas of the country are better for CRHing than others.

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had these same re-rolled boxes by brinks. The box was glued shut in a new brinks box. Im thinking they just saved on time and money, moved the re-rolled coins into a new box and shipped them off... :BangHead:

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: I haven't heard about a bank opening the box to verify that it has the 50 rolls before the customer who ordered them got there. Most likely someone is poaching your sealed boxes & replacing them with a all ready searched box. I would tell the bank that if they want to verify the count in the box. That you will do it with them when you pick up your box. You want your box to still be sealed when you get it. You can open it & count the rolls in front of them. If they try to give you a opened box. I would tell them to keep it. If I read your post right, you have all ready gotten some 40 boxes of skunks from them. Are there any other banks in your area where you could get boxes from? If they insist on giving you boxes that they have opened before you get there. I would get the boxes from another bank & make them a dump bank. Good Luck with them.

HH

lawnguy

Greenie
Dec 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked up 4 unopened brinks box of halves last week and they all had ends that were loose like that. How could that be if they were all sealed boxes? By the way they were all skunks!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yeah if someone has searched them. If it continues I would make it your dump bank!

Golden Silver

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
It is not the bank that is searching them..... What is happening, is someone orders a brinks box from a bank that doesnt matter... They take the box home, open the roll just enough to get the coins out, cull any and all silver.... put the coins back in the roll, and then dump them. Shortly after that, they are sent back to brinks where a quick thinking brinks guy realizes he would have to be a retard to open them all up and re-roll, re-box them just to send them to the next bank that orders them. So he weighs em, and tapes the box shut.... And wham, easy breezy, he just boxes of halves ready to go without doing much of anything. See, as far as he is concerned, there is no silver in those boxes anyways, so the people who order them must be using them for commerce, poker, paper weights, wwhatever...

Mystery solved...

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Problem is, that you never know when you will get those rolls, or boxes that really are good, and full of silver.. U gotta take the good with the bad if ur gonna have any length of stay in this addiction/obsession that some naive folks call a hobby.

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny how people find coin rolls that have been gone through. (ie. like the photo) Some banks may be lazy or can ship them back out that way.

Also some are mad about people not re-rolling them into new papers.

I for one reuse the roll they came in. All my dump banks have to have them rolled upon redemption. After that, they open all the rolls and place them into a coin bag to have the feds weigh them.

So I feel no shame in doing that. Plus, Im saving a tree or two in the process. :headbang:

Novapax

Jan 17, 2011
Kansas
Heh, you would not happen to be in the kansas city area and got those from boa did you? I see no reason to waste the rolls or re roll them. if i get a box like that i simply just tell them i dont want it, or re dump it.

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nathatniel Spogsworthy said:
Heh, you would not happen to be in the kansas city area and got those from boa did you? I see no reason to waste the rolls or re roll them. if i get a box like that i simply just tell them i dont want it, or re dump it.
No, I'm in the Northeast.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
your getting someone elses dumps --the bank just "shuffles" several boxes about till you get bored of not finding any silver and you quit asking for halves all together -- its simple they give you guy A's dumps --gives guy A your dumps -- that way they just keep a few boxes sitting around --going in circles--- as you check and recheck the same boxes over and over --that i s why their unsealed --their not "fresh boxes" -- lol

OP
OP
agme

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thanks for all the input guys.
I'm going to have a little talk with the HT at that bank today.
I have 2 "fresh" boxes that I ordered last week comeing in Thirsday.
If the HT agrees to cut the seals when I pick them up, then I guess it's Brink's that's messing around with them,
if the HT say's no to cutting the seals while I'm there, then it looks like the bank is up to no good.
I have the feeling I will have another new dump bank soon.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
This is why a good honest coin roll hunter never returns the coins in the wrappers that they get them in from brinks. you guys that do this just makes it easier for this kind of thing happen to you fellow CRH's

I'ts not funny and goes against the CRH'g rules of ethics. and makes the banks job easier to dupe us. also the burden of proof that those boxes / rolls are accurate falls on the cutomer. the previous guy could short those rolls and the bank just passes them on to the next guy.

So people do all of us a favor and mark up the outside of those rolls cut them up or mark the outside of the box in big black letters RETURN if you must continue this practice of returning rolls in the machine wrappers.

Mojo

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
coinmojo said:
This is why a good honest coin roll hunter never returns the coins in the wrappers that they get them in from brinks. you guys that do this just makes it easier for this kind of thing happen to you fellow CRH's

Some banks may be lazy and just send back the box the way they get it. I know for a fact my dump banks have to put the coins in bags before they send them back. No reason to re-roll. Waste of time and paper. If my banks were leaving them in the boxes the way I return them, then yes...I would say reroll them. Just saying.

Novapax

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread