JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the AT Pro is still quite usable. I've got a Deus 1 and At Pro. The AT Pro still finds a lot of good stuff. I prefer my D1 once learning if as it hit harder on precious metals and small things, also works great in trashy areas however I'd still say if the AT Pro is all you got it still does a great job.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing detectorist A using an AT Pro with Detectorist B with an AT Pro and Detectorist C with a Nox is not going to settle anything. There's no way to compare skill, ground conditions, and available targets at varying depths. Add the variety of coil sizes and configurations, and you're always comparing apples to oranges. No doubt that the AT Pro is a good all around machine for most venues. On land or fresh water, with no major interference from mineralization or EMI, it will find 80-90% of the latest and greatest out there. It's when you get challenging ground conditions or decide to hit salt water beaches that the AT has problems. In that case, some of the newest SMF machines will work MUCH better than the AT Pro (and other single frequency machines).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread