Is the Pit Mine really the Lost Dutchman mine?

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only tell what I wish

I would say how come we never had waffles and coffee?

you and roadrunner are a team. my team don't like you much.

Your the one who made the offers of hiking and ore samples and when we took you up on the offer you basically slammed the door on us. There are several people on this forum who can vouch for my honesty and sincerity, and if I offended you by calling you on your claims then I apologize once again, but don't throw offers out that you are not willing to back up and get :censored: hurt when somebody takes you up on it.

I can honestly say I have met everybody in "my team", how many of "your team" have met you in person? This of course does not include any alter logins you may have :laughing7: I would think that you would at least try to prove your claims in person and RR and I could have helped you do just that. Then I would apologize for not believing your claims...........which to start, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but now its just more "look at my blurry pictures" and "take my word". Your word was "lets meet" and you broke that. So as far as I'm concerned your credibility is shot.

What you did not have the :censored: to introduce yourself? So where did this alleged sighting occur?

J of A anytime you want to have a chat face to face just let me know I'm more than willing to accommodate.

Anytime you would like to apologize for the remark that got you banned.......................:hello:

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Roy,

So.......Ya going to tell me about the paper trail I haven't found......or what?

Take care,

Joe

What part have you not found? I do not know what you have or lack; I do not have this stuff handy so may take a while, but if you are interested I can sure do it. As I recall there are enlistment and discharge papers, at least one census record, and some few other records, I figured you probably have what I do. Sorry I did not notice your post sooner, wasn't trying to be teasing or mysterious.
Roy

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Oro, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, but since Johnny decided to put this out there I felt I should respond to him.

next time, get Eric to go in that hole for ya Frank

So Johnny, just to nail down some of your "facts"

You have posted that you would haul five gallon buckets of dirt on a dolly roughly a quarter mile over desert terrain in triple digit heat and when you got about 900 pounds loaded into your truck, take it home and process it. You also posted you were getting about 1,000 ounces per ton. Very impressive for somebody claiming to be 65 years old with Parkinson's. I do hope you are returning all that dirt to fill in those holes you make, otherwise you give the rest of us prospectors a bad reputation for just leaving pits for people and animals to fall in.

I see you are also still pulling down posts and changing pictures, seems you can't handle it when people ask for proof of your claims. Maybe you just feel the need to post your "claims" on T-Net to give you some type of satisfaction, knowing you will never have to prove anything. To bad Johnny, I guess you just don't measure up, unlike the real world where it seems you have quite a few shortcomings and can't quite meet some expectations of at least an average man and provide actual proof.

I believe you posted "I all but washed my hands of this site, but some folks need my help." Just a suggestion, you should try using some purell and scrub a little harder. As for that hole, I would suggest that you go first since you seem to be more apt at crawling in and out of such things.

Don't worry Johnny I'm not holding my breath on that apology, Karma can work things out just fine :laughing7:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hi Chuck,

Hope all is well with you.

At one time it was known as the Generator Mine, as the generator was left behind. Believe it was last worked around 1999. It was filled in fairly recently.

By the way......A few years ago, at the Rendezvous, Jesse Feldman was giving a talk on his new book and he told us all, that he believed the Pit Mine was the LDM. If anyone should know, it would be Jesse.

Thanks for the recent pictures.

Take care,

Joe

Cactusjumper,
Sorry if this question is late. I am just now reading about the discovery of the DLM, it being the Pit Mine. I am curious why you would mention the Jesse Feldman? Specifically, "If anyone should know, it would be Jesse".

Thanks.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Cactusjumper,
Sorry if this question is late. I am just now reading about the discovery of the DLM, it being the Pit Mine. I am curious why you would mention the Jesse Feldman? Specifically, "If anyone should know, it would be Jesse".

Thanks.

Hal,

Most Dutch Hunters will know why I would say that about Jessie. Further than that, I decline to go into more detailed information, other than to say that Jessie has historical and practical information that few of us can get.

Take care,

Joe

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now that picture on the right i would say is Dutchman ore.
It looks like an excellent candidate for a duplicate.
Especially if it where to come to me in a little chunk and I could put it on my wet tile saw.
I would love to slice that.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's wrong with the picture on the left roadrunner? It's the same piece of ore, just held in a different position. Sure looks nice, don't it.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

Most Dutch Hunters will know why I would say that about Jessie. Further than that, I decline to go into more detailed information, other than to say that Jessie has historical and practical information that few of us can get.

Take care,

Joe

Again, what sense does it make to brag about, to show samples of, the gold that was illegally taken form the Pit mine?
Silver or gold, every post about the supposed theft at the Pit Mine brings the characters involved one step closer to a date with Feds. So, either it was BS, another legend or, and incredible act of stupidity to go public.

If it is more than just a story, the fallout will be wide spread and lasting.
So, again, why brag about it?

Who do you believe? The Feds or legend makers?

Excerpt from an older email.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Never assume
Both pieces are in private collections and have been for quite a few years. I never said where the piece I am holding was found. It is legal to pick up a grab sample. So on your Pitt mine trip you can pick up a sample and take it home. Do your homework Ryan before making accusations.

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
If the pit mine truly exists in the SWA and was exploited in modern time as has been presented; and the ore depicted is pit mine ore ..... then I would suggest there is more than enough information for the authorities to follow up on. And to ask other leading questions concerning the modern exploitation, the ores acquisition and who may have additional information regarding same. Lying to the authorities concerning the acquisition of the ore may present someone a legal issue.

As a geological engineer for 32+ years the appearance of the depicted ore when compared to the matchbook is in my opinion startling.

People like to talk about what they know, or did, or think ............... after all knowledge is power. Having said that I am not surprised that the genie has escaped the bottle ............

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If the pit mine truly exists in the SWA and was exploited in modern time as has been presented; and the ore depicted is pit mine ore ..... then I would suggest there is more than enough information for the authorities to follow up on.
Follow up on what? Samples? You do know you are allowed by law to prospect for gold in the SWA. Part of prospecting is sampling. The "authorities" would have a fun time trying to prove any different.

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
Follow up on what? Samples? You do know you are allowed by law to prospect for gold in the SWA. Part of prospecting is sampling. The "authorities" would have a fun time trying to prove any different.

I am tenured with the applicable law. They will follow up on the exploitation of the pit mine.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Never assume
Both pieces are in private collections and have been for quite a few years. I never said where the piece I am holding was found. It is legal to pick up a grab sample. So on your Pitt mine trip you can pick up a sample and take it home. Do your homework Ryan before making accusations.
Frank,
My post had nothing to do with you or your prospecting samples however, after seeing the responses posted, it would appear that my words were misinterpreted as were your photographs. I was in fact writing about mining, not prospecting and those who (years back) allegedly removed gold from the Pit illegally. Personally, I think that it is just another story but your images seem to suggest otherwise.

I will be more specific with future posts and perhaps you should consider doing the same with the images you share. Just so they are not taken out of context.

Or, perhaps I got it wrong and you were showing Pit mine samples? Hard to tell.

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a chance in hell. I suggest you do some studying up on the average .gov employee. :BangHead:

Currently retired I Worked for the federal government for 32 years; 28+ in environmental law enforcement investigating violations of federal law ....... but I'm sure you know more about my enforcement efforts than I do.

Have a nice day ....... don't forget to vote!

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Currently retired I Worked for the federal government for 32 years; 28+ in environmental law enforcement investigating violations of federal law ....... but I'm sure you know more about my enforcement efforts than I do.
Well then, I strongly suggest you contact the Tonto district manager and let them know that the "pit mine" is being severely exploited. I'm sure they'll get right on it and open up a full investigation on the matter. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions