Is there

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold is most often assoc. with black sand .just because you see black sand does not mean you have gold . the best way to put is ,,,,,,,,,,just because there is water , does not mean there are fish . but when you find fish ,you will find water ....... there are exceptions to every rule ,and there are a few places to find gold and no black sand .

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
The black sands that you are seeing are not really sands so-to-speak, it is iron oxides, a mixture of magnetite and hematite, both are from iron deposits in the surrounding rock that is decaying and being released. Gold is often present along with iron ore, and both erode and get washed into the water together. Gold can be found without black sands, it just means that there is no iron ore being eroded into that particular body of water and vice-versa.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I'm not seeing any thing... I haven't been out seeking but when i go... so i know what to exspect

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi liftloop,
There are land walking fish and gold can be found on dry land but as the others have already stated "black sand" can be there
without there being any gold. However, be sure to have a magnifying lens with you, 10X power would be good, and check the black
sands carefully for smears of yellow stuff on the sand. This is a slow process and I would not do it that often but you may find gold
smeared onto the surface of the black sand or tiny nuggets (and I do mean TINY) that have linked to a piece of the black stuff.

Just a thought as this way you will be absolutely certain of what is going on where you are prospecting.

Regards, 63bkpkr

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank for all the info every buddy...this Is the best forum out their.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions