What's new

Is this a colonial wedding band??????

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys found this at my colonial site Ive been detecting. I think it is a mans wedding band just wondering if it could be colonail or somthing newer. Hopefully the pics come out ok. I think it is made of brass or copper? Thanks for any help.

Mainer
 

Attachments

  • wedding band 1.webp
    wedding band 1.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,013
  • wedding band 2.webp
    wedding band 2.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,000
  • wedding band 1.webp
    wedding band 1.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 995
  • wedding band 2.webp
    wedding band 2.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,002
  • wedding band 1.webp
    wedding band 1.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 987
  • wedding band 2.webp
    wedding band 2.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 982
Thanks for the info, BB. I am curious though if anyone has ever found a gold ring at one of these old sites. If so, does anyone have a picture of the condition out of the ground? I'm sure soil condition, fertilizer, etc. influence the ring appearance but I am wondering if they simply just need rinsed sometimes. Thanks in advance for any info.
 
Upvote 0
scratcher said:
Thanks for the info, BB. I am curious though if anyone has ever found a gold ring at one of these old sites. If so, does anyone have a picture of the condition out of the ground? I'm sure soil condition, fertilizer, etc. influence the ring appearance but I am wondering if they simply just need rinsed sometimes. Thanks in advance for any info.

I'm with BB, I have found many brass band rings, some with fake numbering. Never seen one like yours clean up so well, but I will bear it in mind,
 
Upvote 0
I'm with both of you, Crusader. You guys have way more experience with this kind of thing than I do. I just thought it odd that several posters were talking about how many fake/brass ones they have, while it doesn't seem there were any real ones mentioned. I just wanted to make sure we weren't missing something. By the way, awesome new coin find Cru....

Scratcher
 
Upvote 0
scratcher said:
I'm with both of you, Crusader. You guys have way more experience with this kind of thing than I do. I just thought it odd that several posters were talking about how many fake/brass ones they have, while it doesn't seem there were any real ones mentioned. I just wanted to make sure we weren't missing something. By the way, awesome new coin find Cru....

Scratcher

Its all good. I guess my wording was a bit mis-leading. I meant to say I agree with BB, not 'with' him, cause that sounds like taking sides. I also agree with what your saying & gold can do funny things, specially if alloyed.
 
Upvote 0
I remember reading through this thread awhile back, and thinking that it would be neat to find one of these rings. Well today on the way home from work, I stopped by the farm to detect a couple minutes just for anyhow, and guess what pops up as I was swinging my way back to the truck? Yep, an old ring. Right now I have it soaking in distilled water, but it already had several shiney gold spots showing when I dug it up. Dunno if it says anything on the inside yet, but I thought I'd add another pic to this thread, since everybody else did too ;D
 

Attachments

  • BerrytownRing1.webp
    BerrytownRing1.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom