What's new

Is this a copper culture knife?

LesLovesHunting

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2013
Messages
39
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like there may be some experts on here. I found this on my 40 acres in northern wisconsin. About 7 inches down. Rang up as a 11-47 on my CTX. It is about 5 inches long. Looks hand worked for sure. Could you give me any ideas how to find out, would be great? Age? Knife? tribe? anything would be great. Any questions just ask.
Thanks,
Les
 

Attachments

  • Indianknife-2.webp
    Indianknife-2.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Indianknife-1.webp
    Indianknife-1.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you had found it on the coast I would have said it was and handmade knife pounded down from a sailing ships bronze or copper spike.
 
Possibly. You're certainly in the right state. Here is a great photo page on Old Copper Culture artifacts, including a few tanged knives...

moreartifacts
 
Definitely a copper culture knife. An awesome one at that. Keep looking there will be more goodies for sure. There is a guy named jim bussey from Edgerton Wisconsin who you should look up. He has the finest copper collection I have ever seen. If you show it to him he can give you very detailed info on its age etc.
 
Thanks, guys. I can't wait to get back there after the snow is gone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom