What's new

Is this a double die or other error penny

bhali333

Greenie
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hey Guy's,

I found this today going through a box of pennies. The whole edge from 9:00 o'clock to 3:00 o'clock is weird and double, the three letters in "Trust" "R, U, S" are double edged and the rest of the letters seem weird.

Can you have a look and tell me what you think. And is it worth anything?

double-die-penny.webp

Bruce
 
Upvote 0
It's nothing.
 
It's not a double die, sometimes you will find coins with what appears to be a double rim. I see 71 halves like that all the time. Some years have it more than other years. I've seen pennies like that before too.
 
It's called machine doubling.. not a double die.. It's fairly common
 
It's actually pretty amazing how many mild misstrikes you'll find in pennies--as we learned during our seperating the cop from zincs phase.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom