What's new

Is this a fossil?

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
1,505
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Posted on Rock Forum and someone suggested that I post here and ask. I was told it is volcanic pumice but does not float in water. Anybody?
cannon_008b.webp
Thanks for looking!
 
devonian colonial coral is my guess
 
The fact that there is absolutely no structure within the 'bubbles' argues against it being a coral. In fact, the lack of any structure other than the bubbles leads me to believe it is not biological in origin. Perhaps it is scoria or slag.
 
I may not know if it's natural or manmade but I do know I have something that looks just like it that I bought at the store a couple of years ago. It's sold as volcanic pumice for exfoliation. :)

Here is mine.

Photo Aug 08, 11 25 33 AM.webp
 
I may not know if it's natural or manmade but I do know I have something that looks just like it that I bought at the store a couple of years ago. It's sold as volcanic pumice for exfoliation. :)

Here is mine.

ok thanks! Must be volcanic pumice just like rock hunters said. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom