What's new

Is this a gun part?

relic lover

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This came from a site that ranges from early to mid 1800s I can't shake the idea this is a gun part but I don't know.
 

Attachments

  • whatzits & FE 007.webp
    whatzits & FE 007.webp
    104 KB · Views: 374
  • whatzits & FE 006.webp
    whatzits & FE 006.webp
    106.9 KB · Views: 358
  • whatzits & FE 005.webp
    whatzits & FE 005.webp
    107.8 KB · Views: 365
Lucas said:
Lawn mower part... holds the blade to the shaft.
It is small and brass and late 1800s at least :)
 
Upvote 0
The 2 smaller holes are countersunk so those would have been used to attatch it to something (probably wood) with screws. a tube or rod would screw into the center threaded hole. Not a gun part like any I've ever seen but I can't begin to guess what it is. It looks to be slightly damaged as well. I suspect it's supposed to be flat. Part of a lamp maybe, but not a gun.
 
Upvote 0
Just a guess maybe on a gun and a swivel screwed in the the center hole for a sling?
 
Upvote 0
relic lover said:
Lucas said:
Lawn mower part... holds the blade to the shaft.
It is small and brass and late 1800s at least :)

I have seen hardware like that on survey instruments, to mount to the tripod.
 
Upvote 0
Most likely attached to wood with screws, but not a gun part.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a fire supression sprinkler pipe hanger bracket.It is srewed to the ceiling and then an allthread rod threaded into it
 
Upvote 0
Because of the way the holes are drilled to countersink the possible wood screws, the longer, center threaded feature would be in the wood and the flat side would be facing out.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom