pull_tab21 Jr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2012 Messages 34 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Illinois Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 19, 2020 #1 I recovered this with my Equinox 600 in a old park. Found in a area I recovered Indian heads and wheats at. Any help identifying it would be appreciated.
I recovered this with my Equinox 600 in a old park. Found in a area I recovered Indian heads and wheats at. Any help identifying it would be appreciated.
nkellam22 Sr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2019 Messages 424 Reaction score 795 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Europe Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 19, 2020 #2 It's Islamic. The date says 1330 which translates to 1912. Not Masonic. Upvote 0
nkellam22 Sr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2019 Messages 424 Reaction score 795 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Europe Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 19, 2020 #3 https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1713.html Here it is Upvote 0
pull_tab21 Jr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2012 Messages 34 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Illinois Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 19, 2020 Thread Owner #4 Well that’s definitely cool, and date would be right for other coins founds with similar dates. Upvote 0
pull_tab21 Jr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2012 Messages 34 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Illinois Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 19, 2020 Thread Owner #5 So obviously someone from that time period brought it back from Morocco and lost it in the park. That’s pretty cool. Thanks a million!!!! Upvote 0
So obviously someone from that time period brought it back from Morocco and lost it in the park. That’s pretty cool. Thanks a million!!!!
pull_tab21 Jr. Member Joined Feb 9, 2012 Messages 34 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Illinois Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 19, 2020 Thread Owner #6 Solved!! Upvote 0
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 19, 2020 #7 Thats a cool find and an oldie good job on those coins as well. I would actually rather find a cool token than most silver coins . Upvote 0
Thats a cool find and an oldie good job on those coins as well. I would actually rather find a cool token than most silver coins .
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 25,986 Reaction score 28,607 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks Jun 19, 2020 #8 Good ID nkellam !! https://coinquest.com/cgi-bin/cq/coins.pl?coin=2336 Don....... Upvote 0
C CTXAgGetter Full Member Joined Mar 2, 2019 Messages 198 Reaction score 563 Golden Thread 0 Location Central Texas Detector(s) used Minelab Etrac Minelab Equinox Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 19, 2020 #9 I'm late to the party, but I was sure I recognized your coin as Moroccan almost immediately. I dug this one last month (in Texas!). It had a giant blob of solder I was able to partially remove with a torch. I think it is 70 or 80% silver. Don't remember what I read, now. Cool find. I love coming up with those head-scratchers! Upvote 0
I'm late to the party, but I was sure I recognized your coin as Moroccan almost immediately. I dug this one last month (in Texas!). It had a giant blob of solder I was able to partially remove with a torch. I think it is 70 or 80% silver. Don't remember what I read, now. Cool find. I love coming up with those head-scratchers!
freeman Sr. Member Joined Apr 5, 2003 Messages 477 Reaction score 844 Golden Thread 0 Jun 19, 2020 #10 Baksheesh, baksheesh for a poor beggar effendi! Just 5 Mazunas and Allah will bless you and your descendants. Last edited: Jun 19, 2020 Upvote 0
Baksheesh, baksheesh for a poor beggar effendi! Just 5 Mazunas and Allah will bless you and your descendants.
ArfieBoy Gold Member Joined Aug 11, 2011 Messages 5,587 Reaction score 12,230 Golden Thread 0 Location N.E. Oregon Detector(s) used Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 19, 2020 #11 Very interesting find! Upvote 0