What's new

Is this a meteorite?

bubal

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 14, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have made this video about the rock I have found:



Is it a meteorite?

Thank you very much!
 
I take that it is magnetic..that is one of the indicators...My self I check for mineral content. I would check for Iron, Nickel, Magnesium, cobalt, silicate, bronzite and iridium...If 4 of these minerals are present the odds are good that it is a meteorite..If you want to sell it you will need to be checked by a lab..If you are going keep and display it the only one it matters to is you...Art
 
Last edited:
It looks like it's only mildly magnetic. And the red color suggests a high iron content relative to whatever else may be there. I'd vote against it being a meteorite, but....?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom