Is this a Military Button?? I Hope

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a park that goes back to 1907. Was buried about 6 inches in sandy kind of dirt. I am hoping it is a Military type of button. I think it may be a German insignia of some kind?? The pic of the back has no markings , but the metal is rather heavy. Did not have to clean it up at all. Were I found it, up to this year was a tot lot, but now they took all the play things and all the sand out of the place. So now it is kind of a shallow sandy pit. Hope the pics will help you .. Thanks Shane

Attachments

• Picture 77.jpg
    Picture 77.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 489
  • Picture 78.jpg
    Picture 78.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 485
Upvote 0
Shane, very cool Maltese Cross button or is it a snap? It could be Masonic related? Is it brass? You might want to list this one the 'What Is It' forum too. I'm not the button expert, so hopefully some of those guys will help.

;D Breezie

neat button!!! MR TUFF

Breezie said:
Shane, very cool Maltese Cross button or is it a snap? It could be Masonic related? Is it brass? You might want to list this one the 'What Is It' forum too. I'm not the button expert, so hopefully some of those guys will help.

;D Breezie

Agreed modern snap or popper as we say

In my opinion, this looks like an Iron Cross as opposed to a Maltese cross. Perhaps German sympathizer from WWI or WWII :icon_scratch: The Iron cross seems to be popular these days with bikers and hotrodders :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• 600px-maltese-cross-heraldrysvg.png
    600px-maltese-cross-heraldrysvg.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 297
I have found a lot of these in the tot lots. Each one has a different face but the backings are almost all the same. I believe they are snaps or snap buttons. I do not think it is military.

Hot Topic sells stuff with this all over it, spencer's had some of it too a while back. Probably modern.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back