What's new

Is this a model "T" part

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this a model "T" part

I found this next to the river. It' 4 1/4 inches long and cast yellow brass.
Ohio Jerry posted something that looks like this. Labled model "T".

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,418079.0.html

Here I thought it could be something that held a boat Orr but couldn't figure out how that would work.


roger
 

Attachments

  • cast brass 001.webp
    cast brass 001.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 260
  • cast brass 002.webp
    cast brass 002.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 258
Re: Is this a model "T" part

There's been a few of those on here before, it's something do do with the shift mechanism in the transmission as I recall, but I can't think of the actual name for it.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Is this a model "T" part

Thanks NOLA_KEN
This is the second one I found. I don't have the other one any more.
roger
 
Upvote 0
Re: Is this a model "T" part

It looks like a "Throw-out Bearing" simply put, used disconnect the transmission from the engine.

But, it could be an oar lock too but they usually have another piece that would drop down into a holder on the boat rail. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Is this a model "T" part

Its called a "cradle" for the clutch throwout bearing, john deere tractor I think,
but could be from model T.


Ok i was wrong its called a "collar" and yes probably model T.

The pic is model T collar . There are a lot of bronze JD collars on ebay but they look different.
 

Attachments

  • 1849.webp
    1849.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0
Re: Is this a model "T" part

Thanks Mileaway

Thanks taz42o.
I like it when I can see the picture of the part.
roger
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom