Is this a ordinary rock?

agatequeen

Jan 18, 2017
Paradise California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this an ordinary rock?

I found this rock near a very large rock that has five mortar holes in it. I would love input from all you experts. It looks like this rock may have broken off a bigger rock. Probably nothing, but I was a little suspicious as it was close to the large rock that defiantly has mortar holes.

IMG_4329.JPG IMG_4330.JPG IMG_4331.JPG IMG_4332.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 1

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good chance its man altered.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am a bit confused. And I am not trying to take away from the original poster. This is a metal detecting website. At least once a week we have a brand new poster asking about a rock. So my question is, how do people with rock questions find a website on metal detecting and have a question for us EXPERTS?

I know we have a rock section. I know rocks can be treasures. Maybe Backwoodsbob can shed some light on the rock in question. I haven't a clue.

OP
OP
A

agatequeen

Jan 18, 2017
Paradise California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry, as this is a treasure hunting website I didn't realize it was a metal detecting website only. I will not post any more questions. Sorry.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So sorry, as this is a treasure hunting website I didn't realize it was a metal detecting website only. I will not post any more questions. Sorry.
You are on a treasure hunting website, and what you found can be considered treasure for those inclined to believe so. You posted on today's find, a treasure you found and have questions about. Nothing wrong with that. In fact your find is intriguing and would love to know if indeed worked by man, if so then extra special. How about this, for future finds not sure about, post first in the rock sub forum, confirm your find, then come back on here and post your unique find.
Welcome to the forum, Mike

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

That is not what I am saying. Sorry. We have a lot of people that love rocks. Go here:

Rocks/Gems

If you think it might be Indian go here:

North American Indian Artifacts

It is just that under today's finds, MOST are about metal finds. Both of those headings are where the rock and indian artifacts are mostly posted. I am not a moderator and I for sure am not telling you where to post. I was trying to help but not in the right way it looks like. Very sorry

OP
OP
A

agatequeen

Jan 18, 2017
Paradise California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I appreciate your kindness. As a new member I didn't realize I was in the wrong place. After posting I found the rock forum. The first reply that I received was that they thought it was a nutting stone.
Thank you again

FiremanBill

Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
Hondo, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE 300, AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like your rock, If Garret ever makes a rock detector, I'll have one of those as well.

muddpuppy

Jun 20, 2011
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Mike. Your post are welcome here.
Keep Swinging!!
You are on a treasure hunting website, and what you found can be considered treasure for those inclined to believe so. You posted on today's find, a treasure you found and have questions about. Nothing wrong with that. In fact your find is intriguing and would love to know if indeed worked by man, if so then extra special. How about this, for future finds not sure about, post first in the rock sub forum, confirm your find, then come back on here and post your unique find.

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, this We does not mind the rock finds - they help me with info------------ todays finds -- NOT todays METAL finds.. So there are rules?

Last edited:

FiremanBill

Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
Hondo, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mike, where are you in Long Island? I responded to Hurricane Sandy and ended up working Suffolk County out of Yaphank.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, where are you in Long Island? I responded to Hurricane Sandy and ended up working Suffolk County out of Yaphank.
And I thank you good sir. I'm in Nassau county. Had a few outfits from the south helping in my area. I believe they were from Louisiana. Man I spent a lot of money on coffee and food for those boys. I believe the neighborhood put about 15-20 lbs on those guys. You are welcome in my home any day, thanks again.

FiremanBill

Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
Hondo, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really enjoyed the people I met. It was a much better experience than I had at Katrina in New Orleans. One of the local Delis adopted us and made us breakfast every morning. They dubbed us " the boyz from Illinoiz". I will never forget the destruction of Fire Island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread