What's new

Is this a Percussion Cap??

Hogtown Hunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2020
Messages
272
Reaction score
916
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please excuse my inexperience. I found a few of these in the same area I found two musket balls. They are about 5/8" in diameter. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 20201211_171541.webp
    20201211_171541.webp
    92.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20201211_171557.webp
    20201211_171557.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 52
size?? most percussion caps I've found were split in several places on the sides.
 
Upvote 0
looks kinda sorta like the copper jacket from a modern bullet (separated from the lead core)
 
Upvote 0
It's not a percussion cap. They are paper thin. Your item looks a lot heavier, like a mushroomed bullet.
 
Upvote 0
They might be the remains of boot lace hooks.
 
Upvote 0
Not a percussion cap but a keeper!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom