What's new

Is this a pile of worked stone?

mn9000

Full Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
199
Reaction score
248
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I might have found some lithic scatter at a possible Native American home site/camp site. This pile of broken stones stands out from all the other surface debris within a several hundred foot radius. It's mostly a grassy field with few visible rocks, so this pile really stands out to the naked eye.

It's about 20 feet from a beautiful artesian spring flowing up from the ground & about 10 feet from where I found the point pictured in the 3rd photo...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495166550.189632.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495166564.842178.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495166584.185140.webp
 
Upvote 0
Could be where someone else has picked up points like you and threw away the chippings. I've done that before
 
I was thinking the same thing as goldeneagle sometimes when I'm done in an area I'll empty my pockets of all the non - keepers.
 
Here's something else interesting about that area. I found a couple of old nails too, I didn't think much of it until I tried to ID them a couple days later. Turns out the two with the square heads date pre 1800's. So that makes me wonder if this forgotten piece I found a couple months ago might actually be gun flint due to the fact gun flint usage & square nails share a common era...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495194355.474397.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495194376.381878.webp
 
K think you are correct about it being a gun flint ..... Is it transparent at all when held up to light ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom