What's new

Is this a real meteorite? help please!

derin105

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
This is claimed to be a Nantan meteorite. it weighs approximately 2800Grams. It is fully magnetic
 

Attachments

  • Snapchat-499390537.webp
    Snapchat-499390537.webp
    711.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Snapchat-119482129.webp
    Snapchat-119482129.webp
    654.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Snapchat-1537182408.webp
    Snapchat-1537182408.webp
    934.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Snapchat-472570016.webp
    Snapchat-472570016.webp
    423.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Snapchat-986692116.webp
    Snapchat-986692116.webp
    503.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Snapchat-1360402635.webp
    Snapchat-1360402635.webp
    418.7 KB · Views: 97
Welcome to Tnet.

May I ask how you came to be in possession of it? Rather big chunk

Thanks for posting..
 
I bought it from someone online. :)
OK, well good luck. I am no expert, but it looks ok to me. Some real meteorite people will be around and comment for you.

Do you have any provenance on it or guarantee?
 
OK, well good luck. I am no expert, but it looks ok to me. Some real meteorite people will be around and comment for you.

Do you have any provenance on it or guarantee?
I dont unfortunately. I was under the impression real meteorites dont have any pitting or "holes" per say. So any feedback from people here would be greatly appreciated
 
I have not looked in depth, but back in 2012 the price was around $1.00 a gram. I would say that piece you have is at least 8 pounds and likely more. That would put the 2012 value around $3600 if a real nantan and that price was right. If you got it for a fraction of that cost, I would be suspicious.
 
I have not looked in depth, but back in 2012 the price was around $1.00 a gram. I would say that piece you have is at least 8 pounds and likely more. That would put the 2012 value around $3600 if a real nantan and that price was right. If you got it for a fraction of that cost, I would be suspicious.
I guess my question is if not a meteorite then what? I paid around 500 for it but the seller wanted 700 ish
 
A real nantan should have dimples, called regmaglypts. BUT as I said, I am not expert, but someone will be along to help you. I likely do not know much more than you about it.
 
A real nantan should have dimples, called regmaglypts. BUT as I said, I am not expert, but someone will be along to help you. I likely do not know much more than you about it.
Sure of course. I will wait patiently
 
I guess my question is if not a meteorite then what? I paid around 500 for it but the seller wanted 700 ish
ok. I would be wary of that cost but maybe someone will give you better advise. I am going to leave you with it. Good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom