silver.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 556

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that is a silver quarter.

The US Washington silver quarter coin was issued with Washington on the front and an eagle on the reverse from 1932 til 1964. After 1964 copper nickel composition was issued.

Did you find it detecting, or by chance as change? Either way nice find! ;D

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
I agree... nice find!

Heck, I can remember when every quarter was silver... every dime and half dollar, too. It was a fine time, and I'm sorry you missed it. Unfortunately, there's little chance that we'll ever hear the jingle of silver in our pockets again— unless, of course, we go out and dig some!

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver has a different ring then the clad quarters, nice job!

HH
-GC

Upvote 0
R

RL

nice one, as you can see by the pic i uploaded for my profile i too got one as change. im very proud of mine as the silver quarters stopped being minted a few decades before i was born (like 26-27 years before depending on when in 1964 they stopped).

Upvote 0

RevJoel

Mar 1, 2006
Central SC
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Deep Seeker
"is there such a thing like a silver quarter. this sounds like no other quarter when i drop it."

You are right there! The silver money rings like the clarion bells of freedom, while the clad junk sounds like a fishing weight--thunk.

Pax Christi
Rev. Joel+

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RL said:
nice one, as you can see by the pic i uploaded for my profile i too got one as change. im very proud of mine as the silver quarters stopped being minted a few decades before i was born (like 26-27 years before depending on when in 1964 they stopped).

Oh just shut up. :( ;) :D

Quarters were silver. Halves were called "Franklins". You looked for "Mercuries" and "Buffalos" in your pocket change and we expected to have a man on Mars by 1980.

How time marches on.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions