What's new

Is this native american?

drhiker6566

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 28, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a rock I found a few months ago in the north Ga. mountains. It has a grove that wraps around the rock from one side to the other. If you notice there's a small grove on the back of the rock thats not broke off. The out side of the rock is worn smooth,like it was used for pounding or grinding.It was laying in a gravel bar in a small creek. fall 2013 207.webpfall 2013 200.webpfall 2013 194.webpfall 2013 069.webpfall 2013 067.webpfall 2013 066.webp
 
Upvote 0
OK I see now. Id have to say natural. What part of GA are you in?
Welcome to the site, rock
 
I live in north ga. near lake lanier. I just can't see how it could be natural.The grove is cut in a circle around the rock.
 
Last edited:
I live in north ga. near lake lanier. I just can't see how it could be natural.The grove is cut in a circle around the rock.

Do you have an idea on what function they may have used it for?

You would be amazed at what natural circumstances can do to stones. That one looks natural to me.
 
Pretty cool natural or not. :icon_thumright:
 
I would say that it is a natural rock and not a man made artifact.
 
I hate to say it but it looks natural, mother nature can do some strange things. I say natural because it does not fall in the class of anything that is common to most known artifacts. Cool rock and I would keep it:icon_thumleft:
 
The creek is in the Ga. gold belt,and they use stamping machinery to crush the gold out of the rock.I wonder if a gold miner could have used this as a rock crusher, to get the gold out. Just a wild guess.
 
I must say it looks natural as well. It's still a cool piece. I would place it where people can see it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom