What's new

Is this quarter worth holding onto?

shelbybell

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
just found it in my change and was confused by the date. why does it say 1776-1976? ???
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2328.webp
    IMG_2328.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_2329.webp
    IMG_2329.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,006
It's a bicentennial quarter. They were made to commemorate American Independence. They're not worth a bundle, but well worth holding on to.
 
:icon_thumright: very nice bicentennial
 
I'd say no, they made almost 900,000,000 of them, so they'll never be scarce.
I find them on occasion, and have long ago resisted the temptation to hold on to them, as something special.
 
I save every one I get...cause I love the design work! Reminds me of older coins! ;)
 
you can buy a big wad of gum with that unless mint spend it. :coffee2:
 
according to the US mint, 1.7 Billion bicenntenial quarters were produced
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom