Is this stuff i found Native American?

MeadowT

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning while I was letting my dogs out I found what my husband said is flintlock. It's flat on one side. I found the 2 crytals and the round rock all within 10 feet of each other. Any idea what the round rock is? Also, is the flintlock native american made?
20220729_104805.jpg
20220729_104713.jpg
20220729_104640.jpg
20220729_104634.jpg
20220729_104823.jpg

Upvote 10

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm live in Lebanon County a

The French were in this area. I live in Lebanon County, PA.
Indeed they were. Arkansas Post was the first settlement West of the Mississippi and has a long history.It,s a National Memorial now and a nice little park and museum that is little visited since it,s out of the way.I live about 15 minutes from it and visit often. That,s a nice flint you have and definitely French.Welcome to treasurenet.

OP
OP
M

MeadowT

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed they were. Arkansas Post was the first settlement West of the Mississippi and has a long history.It,s a National Memorial now and a nice little park and museum that is little visited since it,s out of the way.I live about 15 minutes from it and visit often. That,s a nice flint you have and definitely French.Welcome to treasurenet.
Thank you! If there was a gunflint there, do you think there could be other things there as well? Or just an accidental drop?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! If there was a gunflint there, do you think there could be other things there as well? Or just an accidental drop?
My opinion,if the flint was there,people were there.Where there,s been people likely there,s stuff to be found. Only way to be sure is to give it a try.I would! Good luck and may your finds be many and varied!:icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion,if the flint was there,people were there.Where there,s been people likely there,s stuff to be found. Only way to be sure is to give it a try.I would! Good luck and may your finds be many and varied!:icon_thumleft:
True, sorta, maybe. Flint could have been lost will hunting, French fur rappers came out of Canada and trapped that area between 1634 to 1763.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d add there is a certain technique that France used and Britain too… if memory served one had the superior technique to make them and it was a closely guarded secret but eventually the other found out… so besides color the European ones all have a certain style where as a native made flint would be a little more random.

Here’s the one I found with those similar cloudy inclusions and honey colored flint
3BE9FCE0-B729-44A4-A978-ADD46E2A5EC1.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread