Is this the back of a Dalton point? Found in a Mississippi creek.

Patton Hudson

Greenie
Apr 23, 2024
IMG_0981.jpeg
IMG_0979.jpeg

Upvote 10

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the prices on these guys? And is it real stone or a resin. I might have a few myself Iā€™d like to get done
Bushey uses resin of some sort and paints them to match. I havenā€™t sent any in for a long time. No idea on recent pricing. This is a Harrison Turkeytail that he restored quite a few yrs ago. He restored upper half.
IMG_5248.jpeg
IMG_5249.jpeg

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Todd that's a beautiful point. šŸ˜
Itā€™s ā€œToddā€™s Pointā€, just like my user name. Actually, Todds Point is the town where I live. My name is Gary.šŸ¤£
The guy that found it lived near the OH River in Harrison Co.(RIP) He had a 5 gal bucket of broken turkey tails. He let me pick one out. He also had whole ones but wasnā€™t giving those away. He took me around Harrison Co looking for flint balls to knap. He knew everyone and we got on private with lots of flint. We ended up with 20 5gal buckets with at least 50 lb per bucket. Those were good times back in the 90s.

Last edited:

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
That is a fine point for sure.

I have had relic restored by Scott Stoneking, his web site is https://www.scotstoneking.com/

He restored a 15-inch spud i found at a farm sale. Broke clean in two. You could put the two halves together and the seam was tight. His work is very good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread