What's new

✅ SOLVED Is this U.S. Arm Nurse Collar brass..WW-1?

dg39

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
1,869
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick question.
Is this U.S. Army Nurse?
WW-1?
What is rare factor?
Thanks
DG
PS.
I am putting ton of stuff in the military section of www.genius-antiques.com
I am 72 and I need to get rid of my collection.
 

Attachments

  • img021.webp
    img021.webp
    62.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
It stands for US National Army and is from 1917.
In August 1917 monogram disks with the letters USNG (United States National Guard) and USNA (United States National Army) were approved. The USNG were federalized National Guard units and the USNA were units comprised of drafted soldiers. In December 1917 it was decided to replace the monogram style with ones showing small block letters NA or NG on a rectangular frame set on the US, so in reality, these were only used from Aug - Dec 1917. Sounds rare to me.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Catfish. I used your description on my site.
I knew it was a hard to find item.
This is probably the best web site of its kind on the internet.
I reccomend it to all the people I come in contact with.
DG
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom