What's new

Is this unusual?

Purrdee

Full Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Davis Co. Utah
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
A couple of questions...1) Should I be keeping the BiCentennial qtrs I have found? 2) was told to watch for coins that may be errors, so I found this qtr that seems to be stretched...kinda looks like a halo around dear ol' Washington....not sure if the pic will show it very well...but if you save it, then zoom in you will see what I mean....and thanks everyone who makes this such a terrific site....I stop in almost everyday.

Purrdee

Having atough time getting my pic to post.
 
Upvote 0
To get your picture the right size to post do this little trick.
Email the pic to yourself that will shrink it to email size and,then you can save it to your desktop folder.
I use HP Photosmart premier to do my pics it's free online
Hope it helps
Dan
 
you can also download Gimp...its free and you can scale your images to any size you want
 
i just simply use ms paint. Does the job fine.
 
Hi,

The answers to your questions is, Yes.

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
Great on the suggestions....will go do that right now....be right back.


Purrdee
 
Trying again...with photo
 

Attachments

  • TEST.webp
    TEST.webp
    2.4 KB · Views: 196
Well sorry everyone...but the halo I spoke of is barely visible in this pic but is very pronounced on the coin....but someone already answered...keep it.
Thanks anyway....I will work on the photo issues.
 
in looking at your pic...the halo you speak of looks like wear from a slot machine...i have seen this before although not as pronounced as yours
 
The right answer to your question is No No No

Only keep it if it is in MS70 and you would slab it, or it's a proof or silver proof.

All other bicentennial coin should be put back into circulation as fast as you possibly can as they made 10 x more than the average yearly mintage.

Mojo
 
Odd as many that were made you dont get many anymore..........thank god!!!
 
Is there a way to make changes on my digital camera when I take the pic that will allow the size to be put on websites such as this?

And...why do some coins seem to have a gold tone to them?

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • COINSCopper.webp
    COINSCopper.webp
    11 KB · Views: 174
Here is the side view of a nickel...what do you think?
 

Attachments

  • COINSFlatSide.webp
    COINSFlatSide.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 130
  • COINSFlatSide.webp
    COINSFlatSide.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 121
  • COINSFlatSide.webp
    COINSFlatSide.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 120
Gold Tone coins? What causes this, does anyone know?
 

Attachments

  • COINS 011.webp
    COINS 011.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 164

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom