What's new

Is this Worth Anything???

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Found this silver-looking 2009D penny in a dime roll today - it is in beautiful condition too! :) Any insight would certainly be appreciated because Google didn't give up too much info! Apologies for the poor picture, the camera just wouldn't take a good one!!!

Thank you,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Attachments

  • CIMG0064.webp
    CIMG0064.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0
Looks plated.

Value? $0.01.

You're welcome. :)
 
Must be painted unless someone who works in a Chrome factory dipped it!!
 
LOL - it doesn't look painted although it may be zinc-plated. I read a forum online that says it may not have received it's final copper plating so it could be an error. I have no idea how pennies are made and was hoping it might be worth more than what I paid for it because it did cost me ten cents. :tongue3:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Cool find :thumbsup:

Is it the size of a dime or a penny?
 
OmegaMan said:
Cool find :thumbsup:

Is it the size of a dime or a penny?

Greetings OmegaMan,

It is a penny that is silver, it could be zinc-plated but I am not sure. I was hoping it was super-rare and I could make some big bucks off of it!!! Wish I could take a better picture but I don't know how to work this camera! ???

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
$ilver$urfer
If it's to shiny it's been dipped, polished and had the copper taken off. If it has the cartwheel affect it's a defect, made without copper. It looks kinda like it's been polished. I have sold some of these on eBay and made a good profit.
Good luck.
 
$ilver$urfer said:
Wish I could take a better picture but I don't know how to work this camera! ???

Use the "macro" setting for taking pictures of close-up objects. There is usually a setting/button that has a picture of a flower on it. That is the one you want.

The penny looks plated to me. Perhaps someone was testing out one of those silvering kits that you just wipe on. Or perhaps it is tin plating that people use on copper printed circuit boards.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom