What's new

is this worth anything?

diggyboy

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
515
Reaction score
327
Golden Thread
0
I'm new to checking paper money, and some of the serial numbers on my bills caught my eye. Do these numbers give the bills any value?
The codes are 54100054 on a twenty, and 48972222 on a one. The pattern on the 20, and repeating 2's on the 1 is why I thought they could have value.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140120_133728.webp
    ForumRunner_20140120_133728.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 152
  • ForumRunner_20140120_133816.webp
    ForumRunner_20140120_133816.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 138
I was looking at my brothers bills and he had a 2009 series $50 trinary star note! Any ideas on the value of that? Its a little folded up, but overall, its in pretty good shape.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140120_170410.webp
    ForumRunner_20140120_170410.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 138
  • ForumRunner_20140120_170452.webp
    ForumRunner_20140120_170452.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 138
Face value, yes. If you have time google unique paper money serial numbers, this should lead you to the hobby of collecting radars, repeaters, rotaters, ascending ladders, descending ladders, etc. But be aware you could get hooked, some of these notes are valuable , and wifey will roll her eyes and shopkeepers will wonder why you are inspecting banknotes that you recieve or pull out of your wallet.
 
Face value, yes. If you have time google unique paper money serial numbers, this should lead you to the hobby of collecting radars, repeaters, rotaters, ascending ladders, descending ladders, etc. But be aware you could get hooked, some of these notes are valuable , and wifey will roll her eyes and shopkeepers will wonder why you are inspecting banknotes that you recieve or pull out of your wallet.

Lol I always do that with coins in shops anyways I don't think they will mind that much! I looked at the unique serial numbers, I will have to keep an eye out for those. Thanks for the info and HH!
 
Holding on to a dollar bill for a cool serial number is one thing, but a $50, would burn a hole in my pocket.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom