What's new

Is this worth more than $5?

garbageman

Full Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
228
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Location
Joliet, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Tesoro Tiger Shark
I came across a $5 bill the other day with an interesting serial number. It is: IG 00335588 B Series 2006. Is it worth keeping and is it worth more than face value? Also, is there a name for this kind of pattern? Thanks for your opinions. -Garbageman
 
Sometimes referred to as a 'four pair' serial number. Probably not worth over face with it being a $5 already. The $1s with similar serials will usually sell for a few dollars over face value but typically not a fiver.
 
Thanks for the info Dr D. I'll probably keep it anyway because it is in very nice condition. Hopefully I can finally find a radar note next. HH -Garbageman
 
I would keep it, its only a 5 and i'm not going to go broke keeping it. If it was a 100, then it'd be a different story
.
 
twinsrule said:
I would keep it, its only a 5 and i'm not going to go broke keeping it. If it was a 100, then it'd be a different story
.
That's exactly what I figured. I've been checking my bills for many years now and unfortunately that is the best one I've found so far. Thanks for your input. HH -Garbageman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom