What's new

It,s a goldy oldy

Piepstokloper

Full Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
170
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
Groningen
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola Modified and Tesoro Cibola Hollandia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday find, diged up from an meadow.
It,s an: "Rijder Goudgulden. Hertog Gelre/Karel van Egmond 1492-1538 Mijmegen or Roermond with Lillys interpunckted.
 

Attachments

  • Vondsten uit de klei 034.webp
    Vondsten uit de klei 034.webp
    118.9 KB · Views: 4,952
  • Vondsten uit de klei 045.webp
    Vondsten uit de klei 045.webp
    30 KB · Views: 4,862
  • Vondsten uit de klei 046.webp
    Vondsten uit de klei 046.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 4,866
  • llhlhld 003.webp
    llhlhld 003.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 4,867
Upvote 4
That is a sweet find...of course anything that age is out of range for us Yanks!

I am curious what type of VDI a coin like that has on the White's you were using. Was it near the foil range?
 
Neil in West Jersey said:
That is a sweet find...of course anything that age is out of range for us Yanks!

I am curious what type of VDI a coin like that has on the White's you were using. Was it near the foil range?

I don,t knowe Neil, I would try it next week for you and keep you posted, sorry I just went to my local Jewelrystore in order to restore that coin i,v found, next week Wednesday it would be ready he told.
I specificly told him not to ment the risses, only flatten it out a bit.
 
Congrats on the banner ,nice Gold super coin!! :icon_thumleft:
 
I have no words.................. :o :notworthy:
 
very nice gold coin!!!!!!!! MR TUFF
 
That is an awsome find! Congratulations my friend! :hello2:
 
That's a very fine find you have made! CONGRATS! :thumbsup: :hello2:
 
All I got to say is Holy Smokes!!!! You guys across the pond have all the fun... :o :thumbsup:
 
Wow, nice find man! I swear I would have a heart attack if I ever found one of those.
 
That is beautiful Gold.
If only its Tales could be told :mblah05:

Mike
 
WOW! I would crap if i saw that in my plug :thumbsup:
 
girardpaguy said:
WOW! I would crap if i saw that in my plug :thumbsup:
Wouldn't you be too plugged up? ???
 
Neil in West Jersey said:
That is a sweet find...of course anything that age is out of range for us Yanks!

I am curious what type of VDI a coin like that has on the White's you were using. Was it near the foil range?
Okay Neil,
Got it back from the jewelrystore now, they have don a nice job on it, it look,s much better now as you can see and it costed me only 10 euro.
The VDI number i,v promesed you is ro see on the atachment.
 

Attachments

  • gefatsoeneerd 003.webp
    gefatsoeneerd 003.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,741
  • gefatsoeneerd 004.webp
    gefatsoeneerd 004.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,760
  • gefatsoeneerd 006.webp
    gefatsoeneerd 006.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,753
:icon_thumright: REAL NICE FIND! I've never found a gold coin but I'd be willing to bet I've been close enough to smell one a few times-been hunting for 26 years on and off--literally been detecting on hundreds of outings over the years and still no gold coins to add to my collection of finds. I've found gold jewelry but never a gold coin...WHY??? WHO KNOWS??? And I always hunt with the disc on my detector set just above the foil level or just under the nickel level so I can find the gold items I come across.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom