What's new

It was a lucky Friday 13th

welsbury

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
1,949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather was cooperating so a friend(who likes points but hasn't looked much) and I went hunting. Tried a spot I hadn't been to in a while and was slow to start but came around quickly.Here is first point,an Elko, full out. Walked a few feet from it and another Elko with a busted ear
 

Attachments

  • P1120865.webp
    P1120865.webp
    464.7 KB · Views: 102
  • P1120867.webp
    P1120867.webp
    405.6 KB · Views: 73
  • P1120868.webp
    P1120868.webp
    216.7 KB · Views: 79
  • P1120869.webp
    P1120869.webp
    379.5 KB · Views: 75
  • P1120871.webp
    P1120871.webp
    178.3 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
Wandered down the old beach line and came across 2 mano's. I offered the good one to my bud and left the other one.Is a very nice,well worked mano.Went a little further and a nice little point showed but had broke ear.Went a little more and caught a shine off to my side,walked a step or two to it and bam a full out white Eastgate split stem. I was stoked!
 

Attachments

  • P1120880.webp
    P1120880.webp
    184.8 KB · Views: 76
  • P1120878.webp
    P1120878.webp
    514.6 KB · Views: 77
  • P1120877.webp
    P1120877.webp
    401.6 KB · Views: 75
  • P1120875.webp
    P1120875.webp
    383.3 KB · Views: 67
  • P1120873.webp
    P1120873.webp
    418.1 KB · Views: 82
That white one tickled me but i was hoping my bud would get lucky too. Wasn't too long before I heard the "get over here"and this is what he found. A nice 5 1/2 dark grey knife with splotches of red in it. How quickly fortunes change. He was happy,best piece he had ever found. I was happy he didn't get skunked.Shadows were getting long but I managed to find 2 more,a nice Pinto with ding on tip and a small Northern Sidenotch. Was a pretty good day,also found several cores,couple hammerstones,and a handful of pieces
 

Attachments

  • P1120882.webp
    P1120882.webp
    398 KB · Views: 75
  • P1120886.webp
    P1120886.webp
    139.7 KB · Views: 79
  • P1120887.webp
    P1120887.webp
    351.6 KB · Views: 68
  • P1120889.webp
    P1120889.webp
    358.3 KB · Views: 70
  • P1120890.webp
    P1120890.webp
    138.6 KB · Views: 63
Nice points. Looks like a real good day.
 
Wow some sweet finds.
 
You guys did great. Those are really nice finds! The white Eastgate is a killer.
 
Awesome! Nothing superstitious about that outing with your friend.
 
Looks like a real good year!
 
A pretty good day? I would like to see a great day, holy crap! Those are some killer finds!
 
The knife ! sure has a Haskett look great day .
 
Dang what a great day! I’d be pumped
 
The knife ! sure has a Haskett look great day .

I might of had to do something had it been one. Had that thought when I first seen it but once I picked it up no doubt it was a common knife.
 
I'd walk under a ladder with a black cat in my hands for those finds. That's a great hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom