What's new

It was a proof kinda day

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted my finds from a half dollar bag earlier. among that bag was a 1962 Proof Franklin and 8 Proof Clad Kennedy half dollars.

From a dime bag I checked today I only pulled 4 silver dimes but one was a 1999S SILVER proof. another was a beautiful 1955S Roosevelt.

Also in the dime bag was a 1918 Canadian 5 cent coin which is also silver.

In order to have room on my desk to search the half dollars I had to first finish up a bag of cents I had dumped there last night. I found 5 proof cents from the 60's and a 1965 cent that looks like it came from a SMS. And if that wasn't enough there were 6 super nice wheat cents in addition to the normal allotment of wheat cents I typically get from a bag.
 

Attachments

  • silver dimes april 6.webp
    silver dimes april 6.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 454
  • 1918 canadian 5 cent.webp
    1918 canadian 5 cent.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 467
  • lincoln proofs.webp
    lincoln proofs.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 457
  • nice wheats.webp
    nice wheats.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 459
Upvote 0
Awesome job!!! I have found lots of proof half's & dimes but never ever came across proof pennies- letalone proof Wheaties!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Wow that 1955 s is a good find. One of the hardest in the set to get.

Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
Wow that 1955 s is a good find. One of the hardest in the set to get.

Golden Silver

You're right GS, the '55s is tough to find. But from that year, it is the easiest of the three (mintage-wise). Go figure. That probably explains why I've found the '55d and '55s; but not the '55p (yet).

Oh well, that's why they call it hunting. 8)


Awesome finds there seeker, and thanks for sharing ! And you're quite correct, you're 1918 Canadian nickel is sterling (.925) silver.

http://www.coinscan.com/technical/canasp.html
 
You are killing me. I'm dying trying to find the '55s dime. And yours is in great condition.

Nice job.

OWS
 
Great finds. The wheat cents are in really beautiful condition. Nice photos too! Thanks for sharing them with us.
rileyboy
 
TreasureFiend said:
Awesome job!!! I have found lots of proof half's & dimes but never ever came across proof pennies- letalone proof Wheaties!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The wheat's aren't proof, just very very nice ones. Probably were put up in a holder for years
 
It helps that I live on the left coast. I tend to find a higher percentage of S mints in everything I search, since that is where they were circulated
 
Wow ! Those wheaties are blazers !!! Nice finds , Argentium.
 
Those are some awesome finds. Good Job!!!
rileyboy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom