What's new

Teller tray yields silver and then a 2026 coin

CJ9

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
619
Reaction score
1,902
Golden Thread
0
Location
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
On 5/20 I went into a BofA near my home and asked for the usual coins - nickels, dimes, and halves. Teller says he has $1.50 in halves and I hear silver. Turned out 2 of 3 were 1964s.

20260520_221220.webp


Today I went into a citibank and asked for coins and I see 3 halves in the teller's coin tray. I could see that they weren't silver but they looked new so I asked to buy them anyway. One was the new 2026 half. If its going to be anything like 1976 we are probably going to see a lot more of these (and like the bicentennials, in 50 years from now they will still be worth 50 cents). Looks better than the quarter design IMO.

Thanks for looking

20260611_183948.webp
20260611_183942.webp
 
Upvote 0
Congratulations!
 
  • Like
Reactions: CJ9
Anyone else notice the design of this coin makes the nose of lady liberty look like its growing like Pinocchio?
Congratulations on the two 1964's. Very nice!
 
Anyone else notice the design of this coin makes the nose of lady liberty look like its growing like Pinocchio?
Congratulations on the two 1964's. Very nice!
Thanks. Yeah I can see that with the nose and also, frankly, I have not been impressed so far with the 2026 coinage. I got the second quarter yesterday (the george Washington one) and Washington's image is the same as on the presidential dollar from 2007.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom