Its a Bird, Its a Plane, Its a Super Ring........

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a Super Ring........

Only had about 45 minutes to hunt so I went back to the pounded field yet again. I didn't find too much in the limited time but I got a sorta' bouncy hit that settled in the low to mid 60's range. I was hoping for maybe some 10K so I dug it and out popped ring # 63. It's my first ring find with the Omega so I can scratch it off the list. Here it is still caked with some dirt.....

Superman Ring April 14 2016 001.JPG

And after a quick rinse....

Superman Ring April 14 2016 002.JPG

Unfortunately, it's another fake but a cool little ring nonetheless. It's the first Superman item I've ever found so I guess that counts for something. I'll throw it in with the rest of the junkers and continue the search for the next real one.

That's about it for now.
Thanks for looking and HH......

Last edited:
Upvote 14

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats one of the old ones too, nothing like the ones in the past 25 years.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a sterling Taxco one I found um.... last year ? or before.

DSC00670.JPG

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats one of the old ones too, nothing like the ones in the past 25 years.

Yeah it definitely looks different than the newer style logo. Based on the location it could be really old but the plating is barely worn so it may not be.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah it definitely looks different than the newer style logo. Based on the location it could be really old but the plating is barely worn so it may not be.

I thing it is one made before Superman death; leading up to the comic where he was killed back in the 90's and there right after so many fakes where coming out and being sold.

But I knew this guy back in Texas who had like 12 comic book stores and leading up to that story he had one ring that looked exactly like yours, same style and same facing. He sold his in his shop for like 1400 bucks, but only after he put it on display for like 2 months without a price.

I only remember this because I had a superman number 1 issue that was in Spanish I picked up in Mexico along with about 4,000 other comics for really cheap. I had brought that that issue to this guy and asked if it was worth anything and over the course of about 4 weeks I learned far more about comic and superman stuff than I wanted to. He ended up being a broker for me and sold my spanish copy alone for just over 390K and then ended up being able to sell the others I purchased for close to 100K. Not bad for me because I paid 300 dollars for everything.

But he was superman nuts and thought I cared because I had a number one even though it was in Spanish.

Funny thing is now there is some new movie out, when you found this ring that would make the price of a real one really go up. You may want to ask around and see what you have. I am no expert but it will not hurt to look.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey now that's my kind of ring. Cool find

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thing it is one made before Superman death; leading up to the comic where he was killed back in the 90's and there right after so many fakes where coming out and being sold.

But I knew this guy back in Texas who had like 12 comic book stores and leading up to that story he had one ring that looked exactly like yours, same style and same facing. He sold his in his shop for like 1400 bucks, but only after he put it on display for like 2 months without a price.

I only remember this because I had a superman number 1 issue that was in Spanish I picked up in Mexico along with about 4,000 other comics for really cheap. I had brought that that issue to this guy and asked if it was worth anything and over the course of about 4 weeks I learned far more about comic and superman stuff than I wanted to. He ended up being a broker for me and sold my spanish copy alone for just over 390K and then ended up being able to sell the others I purchased for close to 100K. Not bad for me because I paid 300 dollars for everything.

But he was superman nuts and thought I cared because I had a number one even though it was in Spanish.

Funny thing is now there is some new movie out, when you found this ring that would make the price of a real one really go up. You may want to ask around and see what you have. I am no expert but it will not hurt to look.

Well thank you VERY much for that information. This may be a real treasure.
I appreciate your input.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on ring #63!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice,, Clark was looking for that. He was very depressed when he lost it. lol
Congrats

I heard he just couldn't bear it and decided to end it all. Lois and Jimmy are reportedly shocked and devastated. Perry White was quoted as saying "Great Ceaser's ghost; how will I ever find a replacement for my star reporter??".

A very sad and tragic tale.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread