turtlefoot13
Hero Member
- Joined
- Aug 23, 2009
- Messages
- 733
- Reaction score
- 105
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- The Ozarks, Missouri
- Detector(s) used
- Teknetics Alpha 2000
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
It's a (dug) pocket knife...any way to determine the age?
Hi All,
Here is a pocket knife if REALLY rough condition. Is there any way to determine an approximate age range for this knife? Below are some as found pics and after some cleaning pics. I forgot to add anything for reference. From tip to tip, it measures 3.4 inches and the blade measures approximately 2.6 inches (as best as I can tell).
It was found in the woods that had heavy logging activity in the 1880's-1890's. Relics from that period have been found in the area, but I have also found shotgun brass from the 1920's-1930's in the same area.
Any help is appreciated.
Doug
Hi All,
Here is a pocket knife if REALLY rough condition. Is there any way to determine an approximate age range for this knife? Below are some as found pics and after some cleaning pics. I forgot to add anything for reference. From tip to tip, it measures 3.4 inches and the blade measures approximately 2.6 inches (as best as I can tell).
It was found in the woods that had heavy logging activity in the 1880's-1890's. Relics from that period have been found in the area, but I have also found shotgun brass from the 1920's-1930's in the same area.
Any help is appreciated.
Doug


the blade would hold the key to iding :P but I doubt you would get it open 


All in all, I am happy with my first try. I still have a little rust to get off before drying and coating it.






