Its all hunted out JOE,lol.69 civil war bullet found in one hole,all 69 cal.I love 69

fifty8cal

Greenie
Nov 15, 2009
I really didnt want to go hunting civil war hunting today at a spot I thought was hunted out. Ive been there a 100+ times but they did do a little work on the hill with a dozer.Glad I want with my best friend joe.There was so much metal in this spot that it was hard to hunt.Looking on the ground i could see broken civil war bottles everywhere.It didnt take long for me to find a bullet(69 cal) and then a button(eagle).I started to find a little here and there but nothing real great YET.Finally I got to a spot where the metal was making my detector go nuts.Well I dug down and found a metal handle(civil war pan) and took it out and ran the detector over it to check if there was anything else in the hole,there was.my next item was a handle to a pot(civil war relics also).By then I was a foot deep and i check the hole again,Yep there was more in the hole.I could see a 69 cal bullet laying in the hole so i started to dig around the hole more and push out the dirt within the hole.When I was done digging I look back into the hole and seen about 5 more 69 cals(all drops).I raise up and the dirt i just pull out of the hole was full of bullets laying everywhere.I now needed joe to see what Ive found and got him over to me to help me dig.69 bullets in all and all 69 cal and all drop bullets,i love 69,lol.I also found a broken eagle plate,5 buttons,5 bullets not in one hole,a stirup,and lots more.well I guess the old phase its never hunted out work here today.

Attachments

• 1zbu.jpg
    1zbu.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 2zcw.jpg
    2zcw.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 3zcw.jpg
    3zcw.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 7
Too bad about the bottles, I'm thinking some of those old bottles are worth some real money. Nice finds, congrats, sounds exciting.

Thanks for mentioning there had been some ground moving work done. I will keep this in mind from now on. Thanks for posting your great finds too!

30k.gif NICE HAUL !

You should dig out that trash pit. You'd be crazy not to.

Congrats,

Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back