Its been 2 weeks to the day, I had to scratch the itch! LCs, Fatty, CW store card

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been 2 weeks to the day, I had to scratch the itch! LCs, Fatty, CW store card

Sunday Jan 4th was the last time I got out. It's been snowing and frozen here in SW Ohio. We had a little warm up, enough to melt the snow away and the first couple inches of ground. Field site #3 keep giving up the goodies! I found a Beautiful (far as field hunting goes) 1854 LC and a 1829 LC. Found my second only Fatty a pretty decent 1863, along with a 1864 Indian, if there is an L it is too worn out to tell.

I also found a pretty cool, although abused CW Store Card. Jacob Guth Civil War Token That Was Issued During the War:

Scarce Coffeehouse Civil War Store Card Token Fuld OH 165BI-5a copper Rarity-5 : JACOB GUTH . S. W. COR. VINE & COLUMBIA STS. CINCINNATI // 1863 Indian Head Liberty,
Jacob Guth ran a coffeehouse at the address on the token in Cincinnati during the Civil War. After the war he became an importer and dealer in Rhine Wines.

I found a token that is really cool, it's bent and kinda rough, but the subject matter is what I like. It says " This profit sharing check and 5 cents will admit anyone at any performance to the Grand theater except on special features" the reverse says "Perfect sanitation fresh air continuously Grand Theater Beautiful Safe and Comfortable"

I also had 3 buttons and a purple bead surface finds and one flat button about 3 inches deep.

A couple more cool finds finished off the day, One of the finds I think is an Indian golf ball! lol, I will be taking it to the museum of history to find out what it is, I don't believe it is natural, it might be an Indian game stone of some kind.

The last thing is the, Malleable Steel Range Manufacturing Co. It's a little advertising pin (I think)

The Malleable Steel range Manufacturing Co. was started in 1898 by William Kizer and Jacob Woolverton at 159 E. Tutt St. South Bend Indiana.
I found lots of goodies today although it was muddy, soupy, still froze 2-3 inches down, can't wait till Spring!
Thanks for looking, Bill

Attachments

• 1854LCObverse.JPG
    1854LCObverse.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 1854LCReverse.JPG
    1854LCReverse.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 1829LCObverse.JPG
    1829LCObverse.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 1829LCReverse.JPG
    1829LCReverse.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 1863Fattyand1864Obverse.JPG
    1863Fattyand1864Obverse.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 1863Fattyand1864Reverse.JPG
    1863Fattyand1864Reverse.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 105
  • JacobCWStoreCardObverse.JPG
    JacobCWStoreCardObverse.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 104
  • JacobCWStoreCard.JPG
    JacobCWStoreCard.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IndianGolfBall.JPG
    IndianGolfBall.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IndianGolfBallandLC.JPG
    IndianGolfBallandLC.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IndianGolfBallLCandWilsonGolfBall.JPG
    IndianGolfBallLCandWilsonGolfBall.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 100
  • RangesPictureTag.JPG
    RangesPictureTag.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 105
  • RangesIDTag.JPG
    RangesIDTag.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 105
  • GrandTheaterToken.JPG
    GrandTheaterToken.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Sunday 1-18 Group.JPG
    Sunday 1-18 Group.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 16

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yea it is still SWEET, being that it is 168 years old. Great save. Here's a picture of my 1829 yard find from the nice Ohio soil. My Avatar, 1866 Stunning Indian came from this same farm site.

Thanks for the comments! Bill

Amazing shape ! It's almost unbelievable when u hold that in your hand right out of the dirt, you KNOW it's great. Someone lost a pretty new coin.. and we get to find em in that shape.. pretty cool. The one you found in the field looks just as good !

OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing shape ! It's almost unbelievable when u hold that in your hand right out of the dirt, you KNOW it's great. Someone lost a pretty new coin.. and we get to find em in that shape.. pretty cool. The one you found in the field looks just as good !

Thanks Chris. I'm afraid that 1854 field find is the exception to the rule. May not find another "field LC" that nice for years? Who knows? We just keep swinging and take what we find under our coils!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's the way to scratch an itch. Incredible detail on those. All your finds are in great condition.

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats man, keep it going!! Good luck out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread