A First For Me. Big Silver!

Aug 13, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This find is actually from new years eve, but i thought i may as well just post it up here, so here it is. My family and I went down to Tennessee, and I found my self up in some woods on a hill. I noticed what looked like a old road bed, as it was kind of flat, and there were no trees along it. I followed it for about 20 feet when I got a 91 on the Garrett AT Pro and I thought maybe it was a modern coin that could help date the road bed. I dug down 6", and out popped the coin, with just the silver edge showing. Perfect! It was my first silver half dollar! :hello2: I kept Following the trail for about and hour and a half, picking up shotgun shells and other modern shot, then I followed it back. I'm right about back to where I found the half dollar when BAM! Another half dollar signal about 20 feet from the first. I dig it up, and another one is staring me in the face. Doesn't get much better than that! I'm guessing some hunter was reaching for something, and they just fell right out of his pocket. Poor guy!

One coming out of the ground.

photo 5.PNG

Before cleaning...
photo 2.JPG

photo 1 (1).JPG

And after. (1940 & 1941 D)

photo 3.JPG

photo 4 (1).JPG

Upvote 7

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Curiosity and persistence paid off big time - Congrats! :occasion18::blob9::occasion18: Pretty groovy way to begin the New Year! :hello2: Andi

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ! Aren't those nice ! You scored , excellent day out !!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite U.S. silver coin designs with out a doubt .

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are in decent shape too. Probably lost very shortly after going into circulation. :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome twins.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice halves that still are in fine shape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread