What's new

it's break time--- nibble on this CUD

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
4,066
Reaction score
7,788
Golden Thread
0
Location
port ewen ny
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
submitted to cudsoncoins.com and notified my CUD buyers--- one Zincoln that will pay for the whole box--- still some rolls left unplundered--:dontknow:____________________then it's on to the $700 bag of laundromat qtrs.... work work work--- livin' the dream in NY--- gots ta pay da bills:BangHead:
IMG_8824.webp
IMG_8822.webp
IMG_8823.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice cud on a good looking coin!
 
Very nice cud penny!
 
Nice find, congrats! :occasion14:
 
I'll bet that there's NOT A ONE silver in those laundry quarters. I've done the same here twice, but I think the owner of the laundromat also pulled the silver. Good luck, let us know the result on the qtrs.
 
I'll bet that there's NOT A ONE silver in those laundry quarters. I've done the same here twice, but I think the owner of the laundromat also pulled the silver. Good luck, let us know the result on the qtrs.

you were correct ------- there were 2 silvers--'54-D &'63IMG_8869.webpIMG_8871.webp

the CUD Cent was listed at auction for $20----------------
just sold for $29.99 to a major player in the CUD market
 
Last edited:

A cud is a variation of a die defect in which the coin bears a raised portion of metal. Unlike a die crack, this unintentional "bump" in the coin is caused by a dent or gouge in the die, therefore allowing the coin to fill into the gap during the minting process.
 
CUDS are a die that break at the edge. they can be on rim only-- a rim cud, or, enter the field--- that's just a CUD. with a missing piece of the die , the area of the planchet at the break is not hit by the die--- leaving the coin with a lump much like a blob of solder. interior die breaks, die chips and die dents--- are not CUDS

the value in errors exists because:
much as they try, the gubbment can't ALWAYS do everything right:laughing9::happysmiley::icon_biggrin::laughing3::protest:
 
A cud is a variation of a die defect in which the coin bears a raised portion of metal. Unlike a die crack, this unintentional "bump" in the coin is caused by a dent or gouge in the die, therefore allowing the coin to fill into the gap during the minting process.

I can't believe you're making money off something you don't even know the cause.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom