Its End Game

... did you know Buford use to rent slaves in Richmond, and there are many other interesting tid-bits like this once you know what you're looking for and where to look.
Did you know that James Beverly Ward's wife, Harriet Otey, as born and raised FOUR MLES from Buford's tavern?
Now where did I see the mention of our miles from Buford's?
...and wasn't the iron box that Pauline Innis saw in the possession of the Otey family?

Let me point something out that many of you are still missing, but which is reality. The fight to preserve the institution of slavery began many-many years before the Civil War, this fight and political hot-buzz dating clear back to the turn of the century, all of these things only fueling the events leading up to the war. You must wrap your head around this and you must come to understand why so many slave owners and slave traders favored colonization and even donated to these causes.

Did you know that James Beverly Ward's wife, Harriet Otey, as born and raised FOUR MLES from Buford's tavern?
Now where did I see the mention of our miles from Buford's?
...and wasn't the iron box that Pauline Innis saw in the possession of the Otey family?

Why yes, I am fully aware of all of this. Now give pause, 1845 and the little "box of secrets" is finally opened. "WHO TAKES AN OATH TO KEEP SECRETS?" Was J.B. Ward ever the administrator of an estate? Geeezzzz........:laughing7:

... However, it is certain that he had good reason to seek Morriss out for that interview so he could gather more information about the "earlier events" in question, just as it is spelled out in the narration. Question is, what took place before these interviews with Morriss that compelled the author to seek Morriss out? Herein lay the true mystery and many of the answers if only you can find those events that lead up to those interviews...
The only known source of this meeting ,and the meetings with Beale and Morriss, are ONLY in the 1885 Beale Papers copyrighted by James Beverly Ward.
Now if you have outside information that can confirm that these meeting actually occurred, bring it forth, instead of presenting endless rambling subterfuge in an attempt to provide credence to this theory.

Let me point something out that many of you are still missing, but which is reality. The fight to preserve the institution of slavery began many-many years before the Civil War, this fight and political hot-buzz dating clear back to the turn of the century, all of these things only fueling the events leading up to the war. You must wrap your head around this and you must come to understand why so many slave owners and slave traders favored colonization and even donated to these causes.
Well, it WAS a STATE RIGHTS "thing"...

The only known source of this meeting ,and the meetings with Beale and Morriss, are ONLY in the 1885 Beale Papers copyrighted by James Beverly Ward.
Now if you have outside information that can confirm that these meeting actually occurred, bring it forth, instead of presenting endless rambling subterfuge in an attempt to provide credence to this theory.

Believe whatever you desire. I have already told you that it is not my theory and that I can only provide as much as I limited, as agreed. All I can tell you is that you are "very close" to discovering some things that you simply refuse to believe and look for because, like me, it trashes "most" of your pet theory that you have convinced yourself must be the only remaining conclusion, and yet it isn't.

Well, it WAS a STATE RIGHTS "thing"...

Yes, that's true. But it still doesn't explain why so many pro slavery advocates would endorse the theory of "colonization" and even fund a great deal of it? Why was the colonizing of thee free men of color so important to these pro-slavery advocates if they didn't support emancipation?

Yes, that's true. But it still doesn't explain why so many pro slavery advocates would endorse the theory of "colonization" and even fund a great deal of it? Why was the colonizing of thee free men of color so important to these pro-slavery advocates if they didn't support emancipation?
Dunno; wasn't there, then...

Let me sum all of this up with one Vital Question......Jackson Ward began development in the late 1820's/early 30's. We know this land had been "set aside" prior to this development for the colonization of free men of color. Now here's the HUGE question....."Who set this land aside, and why, and how was it funded?" This is your Holy Beale Mystery Grail. :thumbsup:

... it still doesn't explain why so many pro slavery advocates would endorse the theory of "colonization" and even fund a great deal of it? Why was the colonizing of thee free men of color so important to these pro-slavery advocates if they didn't support emancipation?
Well, lets explore this subject.
Warning: the names Andrew Jackson and Henry Clay appear, which may lead some to jump to the conclusion, as with Laflin's forged Lafitte memoirs mention of Ward and Sherman, or that Jackson Ward , Richmond with an alderman, Thomas J Beale, has to do with the 1885 Beale Papers.
American Colonization Society
Colonization - The African-American Mosaic Exhibition | Exhibitions (Library of Congress)

Last edited:
All of these responses were fully expected and anticipated, and understandably so.
ECS, keep to the path you're taking.
Also, keep homage to my prior post concerning Jackson Ward. AND, were there any terms attached to this land that was, "set aside?" :thumbsup:

Read the following "very carefully" and make note of the mention of the need for further scientific research and also the questions/concerns regarding colonization in the United States. If this doesn't spark your interest to open your minds and to investigate deeper then nothing will and I can only suggest you take up snipe hunting. :laughing7:

Jefferson on Slavery < Thomas Jefferson < Presidents < American History From Revolution To Reconstruction and beyond
A rather disturbing read that, once again, has NOTHING, whatsoever, to do with the Beale Papers, or the story contained therein.
I feel your unknown theory author has taken you on a quixotic snipe hunt to promote an agenda known only to him.
By the very merits of your statement that "this is not your theory to share" raises the question of "Why are you promoting it with your endorsement"?
Either there is proof to support this current claim, or there isn't.
So far, you have provided the usual conjecture and speculation with the smug "I know something ya'll don't".
If this game is worth the candle, then provide the proof, the evidence behind the claims of this theory that you call the end game.
If your unknown theory author won't allow you to produce the body of evidence , then in the words of another unknown author, "let the matter alone".

The history of Jackson Ward, not exactly as it has been presented on this thread:
--Richmond: A Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itinerary

I think it is "exactly" as has been described! And I quote.... "A diverse group of “Free Persons of Color,” European immigrants, American-born white artisans, and Richmond businessmen bought lots and built homes in these outlying subdivisions." Dig deeper before you make pass on only what is on the surface. :thumbsup:

A rather disturbing read that, once again, has NOTHING, whatsoever, to do with the Beale Papers, or the story contained therein.
I feel your unknown theory author has taken you on a quixotic snipe hunt to promote an agenda known only to him.
By the very merits of your statement that "this is not your theory to share" raises the question of "Why are you promoting it with your endorsement"?
So far, you have provided the usual conjecture and speculation with the smug "I know something ya'll don't".
If this game is worth the candle, then provide the proof, the evidence behind the claims of this theory that you call the end game.
If your unknown theory author won't allow you to produce the body of evidence , then in the words of another unknown author, "let the matter alone".

Obviously you've not been paying attention and have yet recognized the conflict in the information that you have selected to post. :laughing7:

I believe the "END GAME" has gone on the road for a few hundred more shows. I do not believe that someone in another country came up with this about Thomas J. Beale and Jackson Ward, ECS gave this idea to bigscoop and I believe bigscoop has planted the seed of a bush and now has grown it into a Sequoia Tree.

Does this have anything to do with Thomas Jefferson's administration dealing with the politics of the slave revolt in Haiti?

... I believe bigscoop has planted the seed of a bush and now has grown it into a Sequoia Tree.
As was discussed on another thread about another "theory" which Bigscoop now has dismissed, This current "theory" is another example of the Henry Littlefield treatment.
Littlefield wrote "THE WIZARD OF OZ-PARABLE ON POPULISM", full of symbolism concerning the characters, locations, and actions to prove his "theory", which in the end was deemed to be false.

I believe the "END GAME" has gone on the road for a few hundred more shows. I do not believe that someone in another country came up with this about Thomas J. Beale and Jackson Ward, ECS gave this idea to bigscoop and I believe bigscoop has planted the seed of a bush and now has grown it into a Sequoia Tree.

ECS gave me no such notion.....:laughing7:.....ECS has only been replying to the notion that was already planted.
You keep suggesting "an author from another country" and for the life of me I don't know how you have arrived at this? I've certainly never stated such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back