Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't been this excited over a new machine in quite some time

Me too! I was pumped about the Deus but coming from Minelab detectors I was missing the tones of the Minelab so I actually took my Sovereign GT to the beach and had an awesome time with it. I used the Deus and the GT on the same day and with the Sovereign found everything my Deus could find. Lol!

Thanks for your service WF and continued support of our vets!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the AT Max may sell a total of 6 units after this news.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now the big question. When will the Equinox be available to purchase?

The rumors I read say anywhere from Feb someplace to Dec in Britain.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now the dilemma: buy the introductory model or wait for them to work out design and program kinks on a later release. I have not owned a Minelab before - are they typically pretty good with first release models?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTX 3030 release had some issues, so to succinctly answer your question, not necessarily.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
If you actually understand it as a valuable tool I don't understand why you wouldn't understand why folks would still like to have it? It is a valuable tool... Also your analogy of a suicide knob on a selfdriving car makes no sense...

I do ACTUALLY understand it as a valuable tool. I had my CTX3030 Since they were released. If you want the ferrous numbers, use the ctx. Because THAT machine was designed to use that feature. The Equinox has multi-freq and light weight design and does not use FBS/2 or BBS. It is new tech.

A suicide knob goes on a steering wheel. It is designed to help the driver make tight turns(they used to be illegal not sure if they still are). If the car is driving itself, it isn't needed.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine is not self detecting, not a valid analogy. And it also makes no sense to not want as much as you can get in a new machine. That is like saying I want the next generation corvette but I want to go back to a carburetor instead of direct injection, the technology is there use it.. As time goes on technologies increase, processors are faster and smaller, manufacturing is cheaper And more efficient .

You go ahead and keep the your bar low, but companies are successful when people hold the bar high. Of course just my opinion.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
If they're wireless, there's no point in being waterproof, as the water would interfere with the signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ding! Ding!

Great observation. Boom! In the face! :icon_thumright:

That didnxt occur to me at all yet. Thank you.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wondering if it will have a custom detection screen setup like the ctx ? The ability to select your tones and to accept or cancel specific FE/CO ranges is what I love the most of the CTX, obviously everything in a 3lb detector is greatly appreciated!

tonos ctx.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wondering if it will have a custom detection screen setup like the ctx ? The ability to select your tones and to accept or cancel specific FE/CO ranges is what I love the most of the CTX, obviously everything in a 3lb detector is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1495741

I would say doubtful, but it will have a USB port. Hey, that's why the CTX is nearly 3x the cost. If you want those high value features, you are going to have to pay for it.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I already have the ctx, would love a lighter detector though.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the big question. When will the Equinox be available to purchase?

I am thinking shortly after Minnesota ground has turned to concrete and we have a couple feet of snow on the ground. That will give me three or four months to read the manual before I will actually get to use it.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So with the machines shown being prototypes, I wonder if there is any chance the production models will have the coil wire hidden in the shaft. If they do this on production models, that will seal the deal for me as long as depth checks out OK.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer coil wire on outside, less coil failures where it puts stress on strain relief.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now the dilemma: buy the introductory model or wait for them to work out design and program kinks on a later release. I have not owned a Minelab before - are they typically pretty good with first release models?
Minelabs are good, and I'll wait, I would like the 800 model, but don't want to buy "kinks", we'll see, it sure does have my interest.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, that thing is quick. If it's got the depth then they have a home-run machine here with the Equinox.
That thing IS quick, I watched the same video as you fella's had, and I was VERY impressed. I want to tell you guys though, yesterday just for the heck of it, (doing this had never occurred to me before), I laid out 5 quarters in a row, fired up the AT Pro in zero mode with the small coil, and swung it at my normal speed, it hit clearly on every one, started sweeping faster, and faster, until I was whipping that thing back and forth just like in the video, and really, to my surprise, it did not miss a beat, I NEVER expected that, it would seem, at least in that kind of test, the recovery speed was every bit as fast. Good to know. As to this new Minelab?, yup, I see the 800 model in my future, it would seem to me to take my AT Pro and Minelab Safari and roll them into one, only even better.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing IS quick, I watched the same video as you fella's had, and I was VERY impressed. I want to tell you guys though, yesterday just for the heck of it, (doing this had never occurred to me before), I laid out 5 quarters in a row, fired up the AT Pro in zero mode with the small coil, and swung it at my normal speed, it hit clearly on every one, started sweeping faster, and faster, until I was whipping that thing back and forth just like in the video, and really, to my surprise, it did not miss a beat, I NEVER expected that, it would seem, at least in that kind of test, the recovery speed was every bit as fast. Good to know. As to this new Minelab?, yup, I see the 800 model in my future, it would seem to me to take my AT Pro and Minelab Safari and roll them into one, only even better.

Did you have a large, 8 inch long, iron rod laying an inch above the quarters? (as was done in the test)

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So with the machines shown being prototypes, I wonder if there is any chance the production models will have the coil wire hidden in the shaft. If they do this on production models, that will seal the deal for me as long as depth checks out OK.

I hope so. I also hope that, with what appears to be a very tall grip/screen, they develop a grip that can be collapsed forward. If it can all collapse down into a backpack, that would be a major plus for me.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope so. I also hope that, with what appears to be a very tall grip/screen, they develop a grip that can be collapsed forward. If it can all collapse down into a backpack, that would be a major plus for me.

At the very least, an easy way to remove the grip/control box without tools would work although I never collapse my machine, they just ride in the back seat of the truck as-is, but if you are a backpacker I can see the use in that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread