It's here!!

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is internal to the main display buttons. Ctx is a stand alone button you squeeze trigger style on back side of display. Keeps your muddy paws of the main screen and is very convient since your fingers are already wrapped around the handle.

Oh! Then the words you're looking for are either "separate" or "segregated." But I do agree that a trigger-style pp button would be nice, especially given the style and structure of the pistol grip. What i found unique (or even odd) is that the pp is a strict on/off action; it isn't momentary like on every other machine out there. Wonder why they went with the type of function…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh! Then the words you're looking for are either "separate" or "segregated." But I do agree that a trigger-style pp button would be nice, especially given the style and structure of the pistol grip. What i found unique (or even odd) is that the pp is a strict on/off action; it isn't momentary like on every other machine out there. Wonder why they went with the type of function…

On the ctx you can change the settings to be constant on or momentary. I personally like the constant on so having the choice hopefully stays in the options.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Explorer and E-trac don't have a momentary pin point switch either......they're on-off. I agree though....I would like to see a trigger switch like my old White's 6000. Eagle 2. Spectrum, XLT. etc.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3030 has the option for pp to be on/off or momentary, the user decides by either setting pp lock on or off..

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3030 has the option for pp to be on/off or momentary, the user decides by either setting pp lock on or off..

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

I did not know that. Thank you. Is there a benefit to having the pp on/off instead of momentary?

Also, here's another example of how fast this machine is: https://youtu.be/-yKHpUiHQZc

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not know that. Thank you. Is there a benefit to having the pp on/off instead of momentary?

Also, here's another example of how fast this machine is: https://youtu.be/-yKHpUiHQZc

Damn, that thing is quick. If it's got the depth then they have a home-run machine here with the Equinox.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Equinox 800 will have a totally wireless headphone included - it's operating on the latest variation of Bluetooth with very very low latency. It will also have the external module like the CTX 3030, except it will not have a speaker. To me it's great to have the choice of either system...
smiley.gif
I wonder if the headphones (both the 600 & 800) are water proof, or like Garrett, ordered separately, I already have a Pro, and this minelab is a whole new animal, so again, I'm holding off on the MAX.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, that thing is quick. If it's got the depth then they have a home-run machine here with the Equinox.

Yep, pretty impressive but oh my God those freaking awful awful awful tones, the tones alone may keep me from getting one - there is no way I, and I doubt many of you, are going to be able to handle running that wide open in a heavy small nail / iron site for 3 or 4 hours, unless it has a tone option, at least the Deus in Full Tones, makes iron sound like iron......I hope it has another tone option other than "Flute-a-phone" tones....I'd really like to buy one.
flute.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox Recovery Speed.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I new when I ordered a new detector something else would come out. My eBay deal fell through on my dues, looks like I may stay with mine lab. I can't wait to see what it can do!! I hope it is lightweight!! My right arm is slightly longer from my explorer2 but I love it. I am way overdue for a new detector!!

From what I have read, it sounds like around 3 pounds, so yeah, lightweight.

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if the headphones (both the 600 & 800) are water proof, or like Garrett, ordered separately, I already have a Pro, and this minelab is a whole new animal, so again, I'm holding off on the MAX.

If they're wireless, there's no point in being waterproof, as the water would interfere with the signal.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, pretty impressive but oh my God those freaking awful awful awful tones, the tones alone may keep me from getting one - there is no way I, and I doubt many of you, are going to be able to handle running that wide open in a heavy small nail / iron site for 3 or 4 hours, unless it has a tone option, at least the Deus in Full Tones, makes iron sound like iron......I hope it has another tone option other than "Flute-a-phone" tones....I'd really like to buy one.
View attachment 1495580

:laughing9: I'm definitely already used to the flute, when I hear that flute play its sweet high note, I get to digging!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't like the flute tones but that detector's recovery looks insane. My Delta's getting more and more used to the point I have to replace it. I'll wait for some input from more experienced folks here.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: I'm definitely already used to the flute, when I hear that flute play its sweet high note, I get to digging!

When I had the e-trac it was tolerable, but the Equinox speed is obviously a different story - if someone finds a video with it running wide open in a major nail bed / iron ridden cellar hole, please share.

Thanks.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real impressive recovery speed! Still waiting to see actual hunt condition tests and black sand/salt water beach results. If it passes muster there, I'm on board!

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been this legitimately excited about a machine before. There was good hype around the Impact and I was a potential buyer, but in the end I passed because it couldn't outdepth my MXT and wasn't light enough to make the switch. Up until this week, I have been seriously considering the Deus simply to take weight off my back and shoulders (the older I get the more the MXT's weight becomes a burden). Now the Equinox. Wow. I am really looking forward to depth tests. If it can match the depth or outdepth the MXT, then I am sold. Only 100 grams heavier than the Deus and it looks better balanced than the Deus. Good stuff and kudos to Minelab. If anyone sees any depth reports or vids, please post!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Im pretty sure that there won't be an iron volume, but there will be a tone break(according to what Brandon said). So that will give you some control over tones. I really don't understand the obsession with the ferrous numbers. I understand they are an excellent tool(and i use them quite often) but, this is a NEW platform. A new technology(from what I am understanding). Asking for ferrous numbers on this machine may be equivalent to asking for a suicide knob on a self driving car.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty sure that there won't be an iron volume, but there will be a tone break(according to what Brandon said). So that will give you some control over tones. I really don't understand the obsession with the ferrous numbers. I understand they are an excellent tool(and i use them quite often) but, this is a NEW platform. A new technology(from what I am understanding). Asking for ferrous numbers on this machine may be equivalent to asking for a suicide knob on a self driving car.

If you actually understand it as a valuable tool I don't understand why you wouldn't understand why folks would still like to have it? It is a valuable tool... Also your analogy of a suicide knob on a selfdriving car makes no sense...

Last edited:

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the big question. When will the Equinox be available to purchase?

Hopefully soon, I would almost prefer they don't even talk about it until they are ready to release.. all this back and forth speculating is annoying hahaha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread