What's new

Its Huge, Has a great shape, but is it a Meteorite?

BigSkyRock

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
It's Huge, Has a great shape, but is it a Meteorite?

I found this on my front lawn. It obviously did not fall from the sky as there was no crater. Someone must have put it there. I want to know what it is? Here is what I know.

1. It's really heavy for its size. Weighs about 40 to 50 lbs.
2. Magnets do not stick. I used a 12 inch woofer speaker magnet.
(I finally found a magnet not attached to a speaker. It has a slight magnetism in the areas where the nubs were cut off exposing the inside)
3. Dimensions W 15in, H 10in, D 9in
4. As you can see in the photos it looks like nubs where cut off of it I guess for testing.

That's it. What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • Meteorite-5.webp
    Meteorite-5.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,046
  • _Meteorite.webp
    _Meteorite.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Meteorite.webp
    Meteorite.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,121
  • Meteorite-2.webp
    Meteorite-2.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Meteorite-3.webp
    Meteorite-3.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 974
  • Meteorite-4.webp
    Meteorite-4.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 968
  • Meteorite-5.webp
    Meteorite-5.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 977
  • Meteorite-6.webp
    Meteorite-6.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 968
  • Meteorite-7.webp
    Meteorite-7.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Meteorite-8.webp
    Meteorite-8.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 950
Re: It's Huge, Has a great shape, but is it a Meteorite?

No, no, you're all wrong! It's a BFR!! M :laughing7: nty
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's Huge, Has a great shape, but is it a Meteorite?

I agree with Monty but we call them love stones. :laughing7:

Daryl
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom