What's new

It's the personal connection...

mabev67

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2025
Messages
36
Reaction score
252
Golden Thread
0
...finds that I enjoy. While not ancient by any means, might be the oldest tool I've found that can be lightly restored and put back into service. Found near an old coal mining settlement that operated late 1800s - 1920s. Having a tool that no doubt meant a lot to the long ago owner and using it myself to kindle a log or two will somehow make the fire feel warmer I think.
1000002651.webp
 
Upvote 22
Cool find !

You might want to check into a Rush Inhibitor / Remover to help prevent further deterioration.
Then sharpen it, paint it, and use it.
Good Luck !
 
I couldn't agree more, nice old find.
 
I've restored and use old axes and hatchets. I like them better than the modern ones, partly because I have personalized them by finding and restoring and partly because I like old things.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom