What's new

ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!! What national banks do Brinks deal with?

Reverend B*IKE*

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
389
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the banks That I have asked all deal with Dunbar. I saw a brinks and it was unloading at a Super market. I have seen a couple of other names around the county but still can't locate the banks they deal with.
I havent had much luck with dunbar lately. Like the man said:
ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!
 
Upvote 0
Not really sure if going with brinks is the best way to go either. Seems alot of people complain about not finding anything in brinks boxes. I would just find another bank all together. Are people having better luck with brinks boxes???? Really it depends on the area you are in. All my dumps go back to a bank that deal with brinks.
 
Brinks tends to deal with larger national banks such as BoA. Consequently, they will be getting a larger proportion of dumps. I use BoA as my dump bank. There are 4 branches in my town. Instead of offloading $4000 in halves on a single branch, I'll spread the wealth to all the branches. Also, if I go on a road trip, I'm almost guaranteed to come across a BoA to dump at. Also, Brinks will sometimes repackage the coins without machine rolling the coins. BoA won't accept loose coin for deposit. All coins need to be rolled. I reuse the wrappers the halves came in originally. My advice would be to find the smaller banks to service your supply and dump at the larger ones.
 
oh no ...you too? i hope you at least mark the rolls or put them open end up in the box....nothing worse than picking up what appears to be a box of unopened rolls only to find they have been searched and rerolled dumps
 
bigtime400 said:
Not really sure if going with brinks is the best way to go either. Seems alot of people complain about not finding anything in brinks boxes. I would just find another bank all together. Are people having better luck with brinks boxes???? Really it depends on the area you are in. All my dumps go back to a bank that deal with brinks.


Really, it does depend on where you live. Brinks boxes in my area are almost always skunky. They service the majority of banks with coin machines in my area, so you know dumps are going to be the majority. But keep in mind, people are unknowingly dumping silver everyday into machines somewhere. Which means that those coins are going to be in a box sometime. Your next dream box may be just around the corner. My advice would be to order as many boxes as you can from as many different suppliers as possible. Then make a decision which bank you want to order your boxes from. You may stumble upon the next big silver vein in your area. Good Luck!

cmhoose
 
I ordered a brink box the other day and it is comming on tuesday. I hope to get some good results. At least one 40% silver or one 90% silver should satisfy my needs. I will tell you guys what i get on tuesday. Oh, I agree with everyone else, it depends on where you live. In my city, no one does CRH that I know of. Everytime I get a box of $25 pennies, I always find 6-7 wheats. Oldest wheat so far is 1946. ;D

Anyways...Goood luck! :)
 
mistergee said:
oh no ...you too? i hope you at least mark the rolls or put them open end up in the box....nothing worse than picking up what appears to be a box of unopened rolls only to find they have been searched and rerolled dumps

I have no choice. I'm too cheap to buy the rollers, and the bank won't give me any. Blame the bank not me. By the way they do get placed in the box open end up, but what Brinks does is beyond my control. I never get my supply from Brinks and I know better than to ask for loose halves from my local BoA's. The one teller searches herself and saves for another guy. Depending on how much I want to torment her or the other guy, I'll sometimes handroll some of my dumps in regular rollers and mark them as 40% or 64's just to play with her.
 
Theres nothing I like better then getting rolls in the original wrappers that were searched. :BangHead: Why not just bag them and dump in a coin counting machine? That way theyll get mixed in with other coins and the next CRH'er will at least have a chance. :violent1:
 
terryin pa said:
Theres nothing I like better then getting rolls in the original wrappers that were searched. :BangHead: Why not just bag them and dump in a coin counting machine? That way theyll get mixed in with other coins and the next CRH'er will at least have a chance. :violent1:

Apparently, you don't understand that I'm cheap. My banks do not accept loose coin for deposit. I won't pay for other wrappers so why would I pay a CoinStar fee?
 
HaHa !! :D :D

You said Change... ;D

Keep @ it and HH!! :wink:
 
In my area, brinks are not skunks. They average a few silvers. Today's two boxes: box #1: 1 ben, 3 90%; 11 40%; box #2: 5 40%.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom